Main Menu

Project Beast Car - My 73 'Cuda Restomod

Started by rdf, May 07, 2019, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

More pix
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

rdf

More progress this weekend.  Got the grill sealed up, sturdy, and installed along with the lights and front valance (fog lights).  Also cut the exhaust and tack welded a few spots to see how it will look under the car.

So far so good!  Hood comes in next week and then it's time to crank this thing up and getting running smoothly.
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

rdf

So a few weeks ago I caught Covid and then my son and daughter caught it as well, so I was down and out for a few weeks just trying to feel better.  I'm much better now thankfully and was able to go pickup my new AAR hood from Stinger Fiberglass...then transport it to the shop and drop it off.  He's gonna put the pins in and then spray everything so it all matches.  I'm excited to see the outcome!!

Brads70

Good to hear your on the mend! Your kids too!   My brother inlaw down in SC has it too, he was in hospital for a week or so, home now, he figures he'll be on oxygen for a month or so. His wife and kids also got it but had very mild symptoms only down for a couple of days. Mild flu like symptoms 
  Hood looks great!  :bradsthumb:

rdf

Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2021, 01:41:15 PM
Good to hear your on the mend! Your kids too!   My brother inlaw down in SC has it too, he was in hospital for a week or so, home now, he figures he'll be on oxygen for a month or so. His wife and kids also got it but had very mild symptoms only down for a couple of days. Mild flu like symptoms 
  Hood looks great!  :bradsthumb:

Thanks, yeah I didn't get hit as hard as your brother-in-law but was spiking fevers every 4 hours on top of chills, sweats, fatigue, and migraine-type headaches.  Ironically, I got my first vaccine just 3 days prior, so I initially thought it was the side effects, but after still feeling awful on that 3rd day, I went to the ER and got tested.  I hope your BIL makes a full recovery!

rdf

Motor finally broken in and running strong.....exhaust has been shortened and welded up and sounds pretty good to me!  Hood pins have also been installed and my man even made the bug catcher fit under the hood!  Hopefully we can do a test drive later this week/weekend and then it's just a matter of buttoning things up and fixing any gremlins that may appear.  :banana:

rdf

It's a long, overdue update but I'm happy to say the guy who I had working on it delivered it just before Christmas!  I'm very excited and have been driving it on short routes just to make sure everything is sound.  There's been a few hiccups but nothing major.  I'll try to post some videos once I get them uploaded to YouTube...for now, here's some pix and sorry if I already posted them at one time.   :cheers:

rdf

More pix...

nsmall

daaboots

Sounds awesome man! And great idea using the lift to install the door  :clapping:

gzig5

Quote from: rdf on February 22, 2022, 11:40:30 AM
More pix...
Car looks great.  Reminds me of what mine looked like before I blew it apart for repair.  Gets the juices flowing.
What size rear tire do you have in that second pic?  Spring relocated?