Started by Cuda70-74, July 05, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda70-74

@Cuda cody these are the 2 best looking front end. Just my opinion
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Cuda Cody

I can not argue with that.  Both classic images of what a muscle car should look like.  :inlove:

jimynick

I agree Cody! I also like the mixture of the 71 front end with the later round tailamps as well. They sure aren't giving those grilles away though, are they?  :unbelievable:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda70-74

Quote from: jimynick on July 16, 2017, 08:19:31 PM
I agree Cody! I also like the mixture of the 71 front end with the later round tailamps as well. They sure aren't giving those grilles away though, are they?  :unbelievable:
They sure arent 650 for the whole grill assembly Carlisle. There where original ones at Carlisle with some cracks going for 800 to 1200 dollars.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Just alittle update. I did some more sanding blasting and wire wheeling on the front end of the cuda. Plus I cut out the old radiator support. I also order my qa1 upper control arm and strut rods found both under 500 shipped couldn't pass it up. Will be pushing the cuda back in the garage to finish up some more metal work. I will never understand the fascination with sunroof in muscle cars back in the days why people did it.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

soundcontrol

You are welding that up right? The sunroof...  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

Oh yeah: I passed over a few cars back in the day because the owners thought cutting a hole in the roof was a good idea,
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 18, 2017, 03:00:45 PM
You are welding that up right? The sunroof...  :notsure:
Yes i am. I just never got what was so cool about a sunroof back in the days :barf:
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 18, 2017, 06:34:51 PM
Oh yeah: I passed over a few cars back in the day because the owners thought cutting a hole in the roof was a good idea,
I will never understand the madness
1969 mustang
1968 charger

RUNCHARGER

It seems the cars most picked on for that mod were F-body Camaros thankfully. However, nothing escaped the madness.
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Well didn't do too much today accept clean up the mess that media blasting leaves and the garage. I also push the cuda back in to the so welding will start tomorrow. Took out the dumb sunroof and was curious does anybody have a picture of the roof from the inside i want to see if there is structural support that was in place. Didn't know the roof was so thin. Anybody want a sunroof.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

soundcontrol

Don't think there is any support right there, this is my -73 Challenger, but it should be about the same.
Pretty hard to weld up that big of a hole in the middle of the roof, no ridges to follow, I think you need a slightly curved piece also.

Deadeye74

Looks like you have your work cut out for you...literally!! I love the '71 Cuda but if I were to change anything on my '74 would be the gill on the front fenders. I wish they would have kept that on all Cuda's throughout the years.

Happy welding Bud!!  :wrenching:

Cuda70-74

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 19, 2017, 12:53:17 PM
Don't think there is any support right there, this is my -73 Challenger, but it should be about the same.
Pretty hard to weld up that big of a hole in the middle of the roof, no ridges to follow, I think you need a slightly curved piece also.
Thanks and you are correct it's the same.
1969 mustang
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quote from: Deadeye74 on July 19, 2017, 02:27:55 PM
Looks like you have your work cut out for you...literally!! I love the '71 Cuda but if I were to change anything on my '74 would be the gill on the front fenders. I wish they would have kept that on all Cuda's throughout the years.

Happy welding Bud!!  :wrenching:
You can always mod your 74 fenders to have the gills. It will take some time to get that roof area fix and im going to go one gauge steel above the original but I won't be on it  til I finish welding up the rear. I got a problem where I bounce around different areas on the project.
1969 mustang
1968 charger