Main Menu

restomod ragtop

Started by CincyCuda, December 25, 2019, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CincyCuda

Coated both sides of floor with lizard skin and continued to outer wheelhouse and where top drains into quarter. Water is going to get here so I provided a water tight path for it , also coated inside of quarter before install. The thin bands of primer around the lower edges is ground off for panel bond to complete seal.......Sprayed enough purple to install suspen. and get on wheels

CincyCuda

The FC7 is on, so now back to the house for some assembly and to build an updated electrical system.

anlauto

Hard to believe it's the same car, looks great  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Wayne

Wow, nice job on saving that car!  Always amazes me seeing people taking on cars that need that much metal work.  Inspiring!
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

CincyCuda

I am making good progress this winter.Installed wilwood brakes, had to go to 18" wheels to clear the corvette based front suspen. Got most exterior trim on and modern cloth top. also fuel lines and internal pump tank.The big challenge for me is the electrical system from scratch with upgrades, so I got help from a friend who does such things. He started with a 28 circuit painless muscle car kit. The good thing is the fuse panel mounts on the firewall at the factory bulkhead hole with minimum filing, so fuses are right above gas pedal.

GoodysGotaCuda

Looking good!

Make sure you get that parking brake adjusted before the driveshaft goes in. You may double check the clearance there between the driveshaft and adjuster block, if you haven't done so already.

Wiring is an endurance for sure. I ended up cutting the fuse box off of a painless kit and marrying it and the engine harness to a blank bussman fuse/relay box. Dark times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

CincyCuda

It is adjusted , but you are right,the driveshaft will be close.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: CincyCuda on February 14, 2020, 06:23:59 PM
It is adjusted , but you are right,the driveshaft will be close.

Nice.

Keep it applied for a week or so, the cables will stretch.  :unitedstates:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

larry4406

Nice progress!

How does your E-brake work with the cables at the top of the trans tunnel?  A hand lever at the console location?

CincyCuda

It will have pistol grip and hand brake on tunnel , no console. Found a nice leather wrapped handle from a cobra mustang.

HEMICUDA

Stellar work right there brother, :worship: I'm doing the same thing on my wife's 67 Camaro she drove thru high school and she has no clue we're doing.  It's a breath of fresh air taking liberties on a car and building it "your way".  :bravo:

CincyCuda

Thanks Mike, I am down here in the lower part of the state. next time i am up there I would  love to see your shop........dan

Mybrothers70

CincyCuda

moving along with electrical upgrades. made adapter for modern rearview mirror full of features to screw onto stock post. ran wiring for heated seats , [ chilly summer nights ], power windows [nu-relics] fuel pump through trunk access door and puddle lights for now.

ClarkWGrizwald

Those puddle lights are bad ass! Where did you get them ? Link?
Nice work

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk