Main Menu

restomod ragtop

Started by CincyCuda, December 25, 2019, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on March 09, 2020, 10:57:19 AM
Those puddle lights are bad ass! Where did you get them ? Link?
Nice work

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CincyCuda

ghost shadow lights by lumentrendz.......p/n 100581  LED PROJECTORS

ClarkWGrizwald

Quote from: CincyCuda on March 10, 2020, 04:19:26 PM
ghost shadow lights by lumentrendz.......p/n 100581  LED PROJECTORS
Thanks!!! Car looks amazing!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

CincyCuda

I am making a few interior modifications to make it a more comfortable long haul driver......Another use for the ashtray, and heat/Air conditioning control mods for classic auto air system that could pass for factory. I will repaint controls after testing.

CincyCuda

got an engine from a 2016 challenger scat pack that had an unfortunate end. have to get a mid sump oil pan so I can do a test fit for adjustments on steering rack and exhaust. some say I may have to cut a notch in frame rail lip for alternator clearance. If anyone knows other checks I should make at this point, please let me know

usraptor

Wow!  You're making great progress.  :bravo: That Scat Pack motor is a monster.  My brother-in-law has a Scat Pack Challenger and I have to admit I was thoroughly impressed with the horsepower and torque it had.   :stayinlane:

anlauto

Quote from: CincyCuda on April 19, 2020, 06:14:59 PM
I am making a few interior modifications to make it a more comfortable long haul driver......Another use for the ashtray, and heat/Air conditioning control mods for classic auto air system that could pass for factory. I will repaint controls after testing.

What are your plans for re-labeling the heater controls ? I just had a customer supply a Classic Air system and when I was reading the instructions, I was surprised to see it still uses the old heater controls with just different cables... and now the positions of the switches all mean something different  :notsure:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CincyCuda

I am going to level the raised letters and hand paint the new markings. [ wife is a graphic artist ]

anlauto

Quote from: CincyCuda on May 25, 2020, 03:37:39 PM
I am going to level the raised letters and hand paint the new markings. [ wife is a graphic artist ]

That's a good idea, I should talk to my customer about doing something similar...I'm surprised the AC kit doesn't include some sort of labels or decal to cover the whole area :thinking:

CincyCuda

started to make some changes to make this happen......notch right frame rail for alternator , jeep srt left exhaust manifold to clear steering, and make a center/rear sump oil pan

CincyCuda

I've spent this covid summer fabricating parts and pieces to make this 392 work. It is far from done but I did get a quick test drive around the area before the snow flurries came.

CincyCuda

The electronics found a new home where the e-brake used to be.........the gear vendors unit fit with minor floor modifications. I am now making heat shields for the cats underneath,I'm using cats and o2 sensors from the donor car.

YellowThumper

Solid progress there. Nice to see. Thanks for the update.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ragtopdodge

Great progress!

That engine compartment is CRAMMED!

Anyway to move that big thing on the firewall somewhere else?

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJWFE5wiUEs

CincyCuda

It is tighter than I anticipated , but I wanted it to look more "factory" instead of showcar. changes can always be made in the future