Main Menu

RESTORAG ...HAPPY CUSTOMER

Started by anlauto, August 26, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

Love that engine bay set up. Lots of chrome and aluminium.   Im thinking the battery would look better in the trunk on this one, but thats just my  :alan2cents:.  Your painter is talented and doesnt seem to cut corners.  Im sure you will have another happy customer.

Morty426

anlauto

The idea was to have a basically stock looking car on the inside, only the 5spd lens on the shifter will be "non-stock", and the outside appearance basically stock, with 17" wheels vs 15"......and then when you get to a show or cruise night...open the hood....BLING ....and the crowd goes wild.... :unbelievable: 8) :cooldance: :bravo:

I've enjoyed building it, and I love how it's turning out....but not my cup of tea either.....although i think I've said it a million times...I love the wheels... :drooling: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on June 10, 2018, 11:15:10 AM
So today I moved the "RESTORAG" to my upholstery shop because as pointed out many times, I'm not a "restoration business"....only some guy working out of his two car garage....  :haha:  regardless the same upholstery guy has been doing all my cars since 1987..... Scott Davis will install the new convertible top at his place...

Anyways...Took some pictures of the car outside....always my first time to step back and have a look....Great looks great out in the sun...absolutely love those YearOne rims :drooling:

@Brads70  Here's some Keystone back bumper pictures, just for you....yes you could say it's "bowed" in the center....I don't see it, I think it looks great, but I'm not as fussy as others....
That looks nice Allan, I sure wish my bumper guards fit as nice as yours.
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

I like the stock look too. The paint and body looks great and so do the wheels. Convts. sure make great cruisers.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on June 10, 2018, 03:04:32 PM
WOW- she's a stunner, especially in daylight! The YearOne rims are a great touch! Please share updated pics once your talented upholstery guy has his way with her!  :twothumbsup: :takepicture:

Here you go Jen....
Looks fantastic  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

A.Gramz

Wow looks great.  When I'm working in your neck of the woods I should be on the lookout for these treasures coming and going.  ( I often at trafalgur and 401). 

GCragtop

RUNCHARGER

Is it a weird photo or does that front bumper dip way too much in front?
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 09, 2018, 10:02:52 PM
Is it a weird photo or does that front bumper dip way too much in front?

I saw that too, I think it's camera angle but it does look odd...

anlauto

There's more pictures of the front bumper on the previous page, I'm not sure what you're referring to ?

RUNCHARGER

Well: When a Challenger is "right" the bumper and hood molding kind of make a beautiful loop. The camera angle makes this one look like it comes to a point and droops down a bit.
Actually in these shots of my orange car it looks like the bumper was angled up just a smidge (1/4" or so). When they look good the slight curve of the bumper matches the profile of the hood trim (as long as the hood has never been damaged either) perfectly. (ignore the incorrectly repaired left fender on the orange car, It's a bioch fitting trim to a finish painted car when a misteak was made like that).
Like I say I think it is probably camera angle that makes the convt. look pointy, on the road it probably looks perfect.
Sheldon

superdave

7E-Bodies

I'm addicted to purism as well. Whether it's a slant six or one of the big boys, I love keeping them factory, unless too many parts are long gone that is. 
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green