Main Menu

RESTORAG ...HAPPY CUSTOMER

Started by anlauto, August 26, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

All ready to send to the body shop.....now if I can just find one :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kdcarman

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on October 26, 2017, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 26, 2017, 03:19:48 PM
All ready to send to the body shop.....now if I can just find one :pullinghair:

Boothill?

Boothill is busy, hopefully starting on a certain black Cuda soon  ;) ....Blaine also mentioned he wouldn't want to do this car without stripping it back down to bare metal :pullinghair: I have a line on another place....checking it out next week....if it pans out, I'll have three cars out getting painted at the same time :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Little bit of an update...after sitting in another shop for eight years.....I've finally got paint on the car after only having it about three months....I can only imagine how happy the owner is :banana:

Tunis

Great work as always! You are an inspiration to us all.  :worship:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2017, 06:10:12 PM
Quote from: FlatlandTA on October 25, 2017, 04:03:57 PM
How was the rust repair done or what surprises will you find there later!

I can tell it's mostly new metal, but I am having difficulty finding a paint shop that will just paint over someone else's body work. My two primary shops won't touch it without stripping it back down to bare metal, which the owner wants no part of....I'm bringing it to another shop next week to see what they have to say...
I can tell you from experience why good shops won't go over something somebody else did. When something comes loose or bubbles the blame game begins. Body man says it's something with the paint. Paint shop say's it's something the body man did. Owner wants to know who's paying to fix it. Lots or scary potential problems. 

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on December 13, 2017, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2017, 06:10:12 PM
Quote from: FlatlandTA on October 25, 2017, 04:03:57 PM
How was the rust repair done or what surprises will you find there later!

I can tell it's mostly new metal, but I am having difficulty finding a paint shop that will just paint over someone else's body work. My two primary shops won't touch it without stripping it back down to bare metal, which the owner wants no part of....I'm bringing it to another shop next week to see what they have to say...
I can tell you from experience why good shops won't go over something somebody else did. When something comes loose or bubbles the blame game begins. Body man says it's something with the paint. Paint shop say's it's something the body man did. Owner wants to know who's paying to fix it. Lots or scary potential problems.
I understand that fully....The car's owner made the choice and has been made aware of the consequences, not much more we can do  but hope for the best. :fingerscrossed: So far the guys doing the final block/paint have been pretty impressed.

RUNCHARGER

Nice to see paint on it. Owner must be dancing a jig about now.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Glad to see another one being put back on the road.   :clapping:

303 Mopar

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 14, 2017, 06:46:41 AM
That paint looks really nice!   :banana:

If I understood them correctly, that's just their first coat....they're going to colour block and paint again, but I agree, I thought it looked pretty nice. :clapping:

Shane Kelley

When you do a car with moderate rust how long does the body shop usually take to get it done?

Spikedog08

Gonna be a nice convertible!  I would be dancing!   :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Shane Kelley on December 14, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
When you do a car with moderate rust how long does the body shop usually take to get it done?

I split the two jobs...I have one shop do the metal work/rust repair and another shop do body and paint.
I currently have four cars in four different shops getting painted....and one car in the metal shop.
My main shop usually turns out body and paint in about 10-12 weeks. They've done 19 cars for me and have the 20th right now.
I've had them done in as little as 5 weeks as well.

This is the first time I've used the shop this red car is in because my other shops refused to paint over someone else's body work (refer to the start of this thread)