Main Menu

RT Update

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, March 23, 2020, 05:14:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Thought I'd share an update of the R/T I sold a few months ago to a gentleman over seas. True to his word, he stripped the body and finished it right so he could have it on the road by Springtime. Super happy to see it go to the right person who will appreciate it and was willing to see the restoration through.

Dakota

8).  That's got to feel good.   It's beautiful.

1 Wild R/T

Awesome!! Love seeing them get done...

JS29

70 Challenger Lover

I knew when I met the guy he'd give it a good home. I have two beautiful cars now and working on a third. Keeping this one would have been a stretch but good to see him finishing it off so nice.

RUNCHARGER

That's great, he's getting right after it.
Sheldon

anlauto

You should have just did that yourself and sold it for a lot more  :dunno:, either way, it's nice to see it getting finished :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

I considered that but here was my math: I sold it for $26k making a very tidy profit. To finish it halfway decent, I'd have sunk another 8k in paint/body. Plus 2k more in other areas. Most would say if I finished it, it was a 40k car at best since it wasn't a flawless resto and had a repop fender tag. It didn't seem worth the investment and effort to try and wring another 4K of profit from it. I am totally happy with the money I made on it and the buyer seems very happy with his car in our back and forth exchanges.

I'm excited to be down to one project again instead of bouncing back and forth between Challenger projects!

JS29

That's a good way to look at it. Besides it easier to find someone with 26 thousand in hand than 40.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on March 24, 2020, 06:22:55 AM
That's a good way to look at it. Besides it easier to find someone with 26 thousand in hand than 40.  :alan2cents:

Yea, that's a really good point :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Your old R/T is looking pretty good!

Nicer colour than green....lol...just sayin'.. :pokeeye:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70 Challenger Lover

Go Mango is definitely my all time favorite Mopar color and I did actually consider keeping it but I'm ready for a different kind of muscle car. A nice quiet sleeper. And dark green metallic might be just what I'm looking for!

Here's another shot of a random one I found on the Internet. Doesn't it look just awesome?

RUNCHARGER

That looks great, no reason to play follow the leader.
Sheldon

71340RT

It is great to see that the guy is getting the car done and at a good pace.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

70 Challenger Lover

Yeah he's wasting no time after getting it shipped overseas. He actually flew out to meet me and drive the car off. Before he came out, we talked about a few things he'd need and then he ordered the stuff so I could have it boxed up and ready in the trunk.

The real test was him driving it over an hour in hot traffic to the shipper. He said it drove great though. I always worry the car will break down a short time later and the buyer will think I screwed him over. Haha