Main Menu

Numbers matching ‘72 Rallye Challanger

Started by Speedemon75, January 03, 2018, 07:00:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Speedemon75

My current project is a numbers matching 1972 Rallye Challenger. It's a 340- auto car, 3.23 rear end, originally TB3 Blue (Super Blue) with blue interior, black vinyl top, black stripe with a build date of June 8, 1972. I have found a broadcast sheet in the car but it does not belong to my car. The third owner also found a broadcast sheet but is unknown of its where-abouts.

I bought the car off the fourth owner as a complete car (minus few trim pieces and other minor parts). The car was only driven till 1979 when it was parked after the second owner passed away in a motor cycle accident. The third owner began work on the car before selling it, where the car then sat in the same condition until I bought it last year in April 2017. Parts were scatter inside the car and took some sorting to find everything.

I Plan on building a Factory Stock (including blue interior)  "Day Two" car. I will be putting the original driveline back in but I will most likely upgrade the rear end to a suregrip 3.91.

The photos below are the day I brought the car home to begin restoration.

Speedemon75

Here is the current condition of the car up until yesterday. Working on sanding the primer and removing any filler from the previous owner before sending it to the body shop for new sheet metal.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Jim AAR

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

Good luck on your project.....

nsmall

340 and TB3 and a black top....good work.  Keep us posted and let us know if you need help.   There is lots of wisdom here. 

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama  :wave:
I used to live in Calgary about a decade back

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY!   Glad to have you among us, and best of luck with your restoration project.

72 Challenger

We have very much the same car. Mine is a 72 Challenger rallye 340, auto, 3.55 suregrip, top Banana car, black top, black side strip. The Story on mine is it was also taken off the road in 1979.

Mine is restored to how it left the dealer to the first owner since I have the original bill of sale that outlines the work done before the first owner took possession.

look forward to the progress on your restoration! 
Someday I will have a J0b.

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Looks like a great project.  Keep us posted on your progress.  :twothumbsup: