Main Menu

LedPhoot's '73 Cuda (she’s alive)

Started by ledphoot, May 06, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Thanks man.

Lotta work to redo things / find connectors for the EFI / Dakota digital etc so there will be no butt connectors in the engine compartment. Fixed all the factory nonsense and tidied everything up. Should be nice and reliable.

YellowThumper

Exactly my deal with EFI conversion. Wired better and cleaner than factory. Old stuff relegated to control almost nothing.

That looks real clean.
Congrats.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

Chryco Psycho

Yes it will , the filter tops really help tho  :bigthumb:

ledphoot

Time to get the dash reassembled.

nsmall

Is that a drop down base?  I have a similar set up and used a drop down base and it fits well.

ledphoot

Dakota Digital setup. Everything else is reproduction from year one / just dashes.

ledphoot

Having fit issues with the non rallye Dakota digital gauges. Really disappointing.

Decided to take a break for a little bit. Digging in to the driveline, cut the floor a little to make clearance for the TKO and inserted the 1/2" spacer, going to check the angle and see if I need to add one ore two 1/4" spacers to get it right. Seems like most have hit the mark at 3/4", some need the full   get it right. Hoping for 3/4" to avoid the trans tunnel support issues that can come in to play one you hit one inch.

ledphoot

Okay got another 1/4" spacer in and everything looks really good. Now to button up my floor that I can't believe I cut.

ledphoot

had to make the hole a little bigger, I am shooting for 3/8" clearance everywhere... Looks like I got it.. Removing dynamat is a real pain, Dry Ice helps a lot.. A little more cleanup and my buddy will weld this in for me...  Sad to have to cut the factory 4-speed hump, but there was no turning back now.