Main Menu

Finally Restoring My 1970 ‘Cuda

Started by cashmoneyerick, October 09, 2018, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

js27

Don't get discussed--just pick a spot and fix it then move on to the next. It can be overwhelming somethimes when you stand back and look at the over all work a head of you but hang in there and just keep  plugging away thinking how much fun it is going to be to light them tires up on your first cruise.
JS27

RUNCHARGER

Actually: I think you're in a good spot now. There are no surprises and whenever you repair something and move on to the next you can look back and see progress.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I agree. I'd probably start by verifying the front end is not out of whack and if the upper and lower cowl are okay, then put the inner fender panels in to provide more strength up front. You will definitely want the support before reinstalling a heavy engine.

Most of us have been where you are at so don't let any of this stress you. You can do it!

HP_Cuda

Can you elaborate on the areas they missed in media blasting.

I ask since I might use these guys in the near future.

Thanks,
Bryan
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

oldmoparbuff

looks like a clean rust free slate to start with.

cashmoneyerick

Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 07, 2019, 10:50:15 AM

Thanks,
Bryan

They were a little careless on the underside of the floor pans, the wheelhouse area, some parts of the frame rail.

They may have rushed on my car, because I dropped it off in December and was supposed to receive it in mid January, but one of their machines broke and they couldn't get any cars done. Then they told me it would be ready at the end of February, after I got back from my vacation. I was in constant contact with them. Then while on vacation they call me and tell me it's ready and they need me to pick it up because they have other cars waiting. They had it towed to my house because they were in such a rush to get it out. I believe that is why they didn't do such a great job.

Also, I vividly told them not to blast the door vin off, and they did it anyways.

I would just make sure to check in with them constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP_Cuda

Good to know, sorry you had a sub par experience.

Did they use a lift to do the underside?

ledphoot

damn, that sucks when you take you ride some place and they just can't get it right. Sorry man.

cashmoneyerick

Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 11, 2019, 12:38:59 PM

Good to know, sorry you had a sub par experience.

Did they use a lift to do the underside?

I'm really not sure if they have one. I wanna say that they don't. It's not so bad, because I figure I have to replace with new sheet metal the places they missed.

Topcat

Sorry to hear about this on the door vin blasted off.  :Thud:

@B54SPEED had really good success working with them before.

I had some of my parts done there as well.

Well your car is going on a journey towards restoration; and it'll be nice to see it back on the road again.

RUNCHARGER

Hopefully you took a photo of the door VIN. I do that and send it in when I get a copy made so the new one will be exact.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Hey Rick

How much did it run you to get it media blasted?

Thanks,
Bryan

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on March 11, 2019, 12:07:40 PM

Thanks,
Bryan

They were a little careless on the underside of the floor pans, the wheelhouse area, some parts of the frame rail.

They may have rushed on my car, because I dropped it off in December and was supposed to receive it in mid January, but one of their machines broke and they couldn't get any cars done. Then they told me it would be ready at the end of February, after I got back from my vacation. I was in constant contact with them. Then while on vacation they call me and tell me it's ready and they need me to pick it up because they have other cars waiting. They had it towed to my house because they were in such a rush to get it out. I believe that is why they didn't do such a great job.

Also, I vividly told them not to blast the door vin off, and they did it anyways.

cashmoneyerick

Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 12, 2019, 12:21:06 PM

Hey Rick

How much did it run you to get it media blasted?

Thanks,
Bryan

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on March 11, 2019, 12:07:40 PM

Thanks,
Bryan

It was a total of $1750 for the car.

Pretty reasonable from what I've been told.

Chryco Psycho

Did you get a good picture of the door VIN decal , , as Runcharger said you can get near perfect repro decals if you did