Main Menu

Shaker Bubble

Started by StanP, November 07, 2020, 02:18:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

StanP

Any recommendations for a Shaker Bubble for a restoration project? I am in the process of making significant changes to a 1973 Plymouth Barracuda that I've owned since 1975. The car now has new AMD front quarter panels with gill plates installed along with an AMD Shaker hood. Looking for recommendations on a Shaker Bubble for the car. The plan is to install a crate 392 Hemi in the car this spring (2021) and mount the bubble to the engine (not the hood). I've started to look around at options and one is Tommy the Chryo. Thoughts on this product or any suggestions/considerations/pitfalls about this modification.... much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RUNCHARGER

His is a good bubble. Much better than others I think.
Sheldon

anlauto

Tommy the Chryo sells the absolute best shaker bubble on the planet. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Car-nutt

I have used Tommy's shaker, excellent product. Perfect fit and finish.

xx88man

Can you install an original style bubble on a modern hemi engine?
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: xx88man on November 07, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
Can you install an original style bubble on a modern hemi engine?

That will be an interesting challenge  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

StanP

Yes. This will be an interesting challenge. I'll post updates on the progress including challenges and options.

Xghobo

I have put some thought into this as I am in the process of a similar build. One method that I think will work and be very clean looking is to use studs in place of the fuel rail bolts and modify a shaker adapter ring to accept the studs. This would I think give you the adjustability for the shaker to sit where you need it. Just my thoughts, good luck!

StanP

Thanks for providing your thoughts. I'd be interested in hearing/seeing the progress on your project.

Fern

XV motorsports had a version where it had legs that attached the ring to the valve cover bolts. It could be adjusted at any height and location. The ring was flat and had a large opening that the carb would fit into, but the carb didn't attach to the ring. It was a good option for a retrofit.

blucuda

I just got mine from Tommy the Chryco a few weeks ago.  I was impressed with the quality of the product and the customer service.  I would recommend him whole-heartedly.

GCragtop

This one is from Tommy. High quality stuff.

StanP

Thanks for taking the time to take and upload a photo. Yes.I'm definitely leaning towards Tommy's product.

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

anlauto

Quote from: 1971Y13 on November 09, 2020, 07:01:58 AM
Whatabout this one from AAR, thought I should buy one from them, https://aarqualityfiberglass.com/product/scoop-cuda-1970-1974-shaker-bubble/

I'm sure it's decent, but doesn't look nearly as finished and detail as the ones Tommy is selling. Unless it's a huge price savings, I don't see why you would ?