Main Menu

She's finally purple again! FC7 70 Shaker Cuda340

Started by njsteve, July 14, 2020, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Don't know. I was so happy he found me one that I forgot to ask.  Give Marcus a call at their main number and see what he knows. I think it had to do with the cases availability.

njsteve

Drove the cuda to a show out in PA today. Around 60 miles, roundtrip. She drove great. 90+ degree day and the temp gauge never went above the 1/3 mark. The pollen was a nightmare though. It was actually raining pollen from the tress we were sitting under. I gave up dusting after an hour. My wingman brought his Sassy Grass Green AAR which when covered in pollen looked like it was covered in green flocking fuzz.

Fun show. Approximately 150 Mopars in attendance with a good 1/3 being all sorts of versions of Hellcats and SRT Challengers. (I so want one of them purple ones).

anlauto

You guys are so lucky....did you see the "day two " valve covers I posted last week, your car was the first thing I thought of when I seen them listed :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

Yes I saw those. He wants a lot for those really crusty pieces, but that is sort of what I am looking for.

anlauto

Quote from: njsteve on May 23, 2021, 01:51:11 PM
Yes I saw those. He wants a lot for those really crusty pieces, but that is sort of what I am looking for.

That's Canadian dollars eh  :canada: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

Yeah, but $125 plus shipping is still "eh lot" of money.  :yes:

njsteve

The refurbished Sanyo FT-489 arrived back today. Only took a couple minutes to swap it with the other radio. It sounds amazing! This guy does incredible work. It plays my old high school Bob Seger tapes just like the old days, only better sounding through the modern-ish speakers.

Now I guess I have to find a matching amp/equalizer...

It's the old tale of "Give a mouse a cookie...and he'll want a glass of milk"...etc.

Here's a link to the stereo repair-er's channel where he posted the finished job:

jbaha

That's awesome work!!!  :bigthumb:

If your painter has still the "mixture" for this paint i would really appreciate it (it looks like the current color of my chally on my monitor), i will redo the body work on mine anytime soon :)

njsteve

All I have is the can of paint itslef. No actual formula listed. Sorry.

njsteve

Here's the results of me spending an inordinate amount of time blacking out all of the gills on the rocker panel moldings.

The vendor back in 1970 who produced these originally, sprayed them black first and then followed with silver from the forward end so the backside of each gill would remain blacked out.

I have tried to duplicate that process before on prior cars and it just never comes out right.

What's the old saying? work smarder not harder? ;-)

I simply sprayed the entire rocker molding argent first and then sat at my kitchen counter with a wide, bevel tip permanent sharpie marker and got a result that just about duplicated the original look. The way the black sharpie ink soaked into the textured fiberglass panel gave a feathered edge in the same way the dusting of silver paint over black would have done.

Here's how they came out after several hours of hand marking each louver gill at the dining room table when my wife was out shopping:

njsteve

My buddy and I drove the cars to another show today. We took a couple shots from his garage before we left. I have 303 miles on the car now!

dhh

Quote from: njsteve on June 12, 2021, 01:53:49 PM
My buddy and I drove the cars to another show today. We took a couple shots from his garage before we left. I have 303 miles on the car now!

Love the sassy grass  :drooling: