Main Menu

Slow Progress Continues

Started by lbond1248, June 10, 2019, 08:26:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

lbond1248

Coming to the end of the project on the 74. Every fastener on this car has been touched. Replaced all the hardware store fasteners with repos. All painted (in a dirty garage) cut, buffed and going back together. Still have interior and exhaust to do. Will probably repaint later as I am not completely happy with the way it turned out. She is just a driver so okay for now.

70 Challenger Lover

Looks nice. I did my own paint on a 64 Vette and it came out okay. Like you, I'll repaint it someday but there is a lot to be said for a driver quality paint job where you don't have to fret over door dings or rock chips. And that's $5-10k you can spend elsewhere.

Are you going to add a vinyl top? I normally don't care for white but when they are accented with a black top, stripes and interior, they definitely start catching my eye.

anlauto

"Slow progress" is better than NO PROGRESS  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

lbond1248

Thanks... agreed a low stress paint job is a good thing. I won't be adding a vinyl top but will put the 70 hockey stripe with the 440 callout on the quarters.

Marty

A thorough cut and buff will go a long way to making an average paint job into a show stopper. Providing you have enough clear coat applied. Don't settle yet.

Chryco Psycho

Looking sharp , paint is tough on a good day  :bigthumb:

nsmall

Looking good.  Now keep on it so you can go enjoy it.   :bradsthumb:

Cuda Cody

It's looking nice!  Great job.  :clapping:

crowbait

That looks awesome! I hope the slots are staying.

gzig5

Looks really clean without the side markers.  But isn't that verboten?

cordodge

Looks great, I'm liking the Slots as well. :ohyeah:

YellowThumper

Very nice.
Any level of "good enough" that has you to wanting to have it out on the road is good.

Signed by fellow 74 owner.
Enjoy.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.