Main Menu

SNORT

Started by Mr Cuda, June 17, 2024, 03:23:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

198D13

From the 71 dealer order book

Mr Cuda

I studied the grill question for my EV2 car spd10/70. It had a replacement grill,  painted black, but came with the cracked supposedly original argent one. My buddy bought the car in 73, and yes it could have been changed.
I might leave it argent as I prefer it.
My limited knowledge on this topic is that the only way to get a colored grill automatically is with a bumper package, A22, which snort has.

mtull

Quote from: Mr Cuda on June 20, 2024, 10:00:34 AMI might leave it argent as I prefer it.
Awesome looking car regardless which way you decide to go.  Thank you for allowing us to share in your journey.

dodj

Quote from: Mr Cuda on June 20, 2024, 10:00:34 AMI might leave it argent as I prefer it.

Me too. I've always preferred grilles and tail panels that contrast with the main body colour.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: Mr Cuda on June 18, 2024, 07:13:25 PMFrom reading on here, I  learned all BS code high impact colors have grills body color.
Quote from: 198D13 on June 20, 2024, 06:14:59 AMThat does NOT confirm what he said, as most of those grille colours that were available(which you listed) were NOT hi-impact colours. 71 extra cost colours were: FC7, FJ6, EL5, EV2, FY1 and GY3.  The parts book lists GW3, GB5, GF7, GK6, and FE5(as you do), but they are not extra cost.
It is awesome though, that GY3 was one of them.

I thought I was was pretty clear that all hi-impact colors were supposed to get body-colored grilles but the supply was interrupted on the assembly line and many got Argent grilles. That info did not exclude any non-hi-impact colors.

Mr Cuda did not address non-hi-impact colors in his statement. Mr Cuda stated, "I  learned all BS code high impact colors have grills body color." which, as 198D13 noted, is not entirely correct since non-hi-impact colors also could get a body-colored grille AND some hi-impact cars got Argent grilles. Factory parts books, brochures, and pre-introduction materials do not confirm many of the things that were supposed to be produced or were changed mid-model year. Those materials were distributed in advance of production. Only dealer bulletins issued after introduction tell us what they planned to do. Even then, much of what was planned differed from what actually made it to the showroom. Those mid-year changes often were not understood by the dealerships and options that became available remained unknown to buyers.
Example: 1970 Cuda strobe stripes (non-AAR) were introduced and are extremely rare as they were unknown to buyers.

That is why we see the often-repeated "Never say never" for what was produced by Plymouth/Dodge.