Main Menu

71 cuda body panels

Started by Cuda1979, January 15, 2019, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda1979

Hi does anyone have measurements of the trunk opening of a 71 cuda? I am replacing all rear panels any help would be great thanks.

Rich G.

What measurement are you looking for? The Dutchman panel and tail panel pretty much sets that. Clamp everything on before you weld anything including the rear valance.

Cuda1979

Hi the dutchman and tail panel pretty much are not adjustable. My issue is with the gutters I would just like to have some measurements to get an idea where they should be. I don't have the quarters on yet so can't use them

anlauto

Do you have a trunk lid you could measure and add about 3/8 to the width for a 3/16 gap on each side  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I'm pretty sure the trunk gutters can only go in one place if I'm not mistaken. If they are good leave them on. That's what I was able to do.

Cuda1979

Maybe I will just wait till I get my quarter panels that should give me a better idea where they go. But if anyone has a cuda and would not mind giving me there trunk opening measurements I would appreciate it.

Rich G.

In between the top edge of the quarter is 55" and between the gutters is 50"

Cuda1979