Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, August 16, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparcar

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 340challconvert on September 15, 2017, 03:46:15 PM
Nice work on the Cuda vert!

Thanks! Some to you on the chally vert. We should be finishing them up around the same time.

larry4406

I'm assuming your quarters required some body work/ repairs.

Do you have any progress pictures showing the work?  Skins with butt weld seams or the AMD reproductions that have been reworked by Ken Hopperdietzel?  If skins where do you do the seams?

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 16, 2017, 09:23:01 AM
Looks like a great project and I love the color! It's hard to beat a '70 Cuda vert.   :banana:
especially in EV2 & with a Hemi , Killer  :bigthumb:

Cuda_mark

Getting the firewall ready for the dash to go in.

Cuda_mark

Does anyone know what finish the re-enforcement plate that goes on the outside of the firewall should be? Black Phosphate? It is circled in the picture.

It is just taped to the pedal assembly now so I don't misplace it.

71GranCoupe

FYI, the paint on the cowl was NEVER taped from the factory or had a hard line from the black to the body color. It was feathered into the vertical part of the firewall.  :alan2cents:

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Beautiful project and work so far.

Chryco Psycho

What are you going to use for insulation under the dash ?
@anlauto will know the correct finish for the support bracket

anlauto

Usually bare metal, I sure you could get away with black phosphate  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Latest progress on the car. Quarter glass installed and hood hinges installed.

Also a question for the experts. The car was in pieces when I bought it and I've found some oddball parts. For instance, the strikers I have are 1/2" thread with no rubber bushing. The new ones I bought are 7/16" thread with rubber bushings. The threads in the door jamb are 7/16" and haven't been touched....but I could see where Chrysler could have possibly used a beefier striker for convertibles. Does anyone know which is correct for a convert? And what cars used the beefier striker with 1/2" threads?   

anlauto

E Bodies only used one size striker for all convertibles and hardtops 7/16.

The ones that "came with" your car don't even look like Chrysler parts in my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

The ones that "came with" your car don't even look like Chrysler parts in my opinion.

:iagree: 100%

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on December 29, 2017, 06:43:23 AM

Thanks Alan. I figured you would know. Who knows where those other strikers came from...probably a Ford!

1 Wild R/T