Main Menu

1970 FM3 Challenger

Started by manycj, March 28, 2017, 10:20:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

manycj

Hey guys, just posting a few picks that I have been putting up on CC.com. This is the 1970 Challenger FM3 car (318-2v auto w/ac) that I have been working on for the past 3 years.  Still need to paint the engine and get it installed. Interior is as pictured.  Rear end needs to be restored.  Should be done by mid-summer.

http://www.relicrecyclery.com/PantherPink/ChallengerFM3.htm

Chris

<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

Cuda Cody

Welcome @manycj    :drinkingbud:  Thanks for sharing some photos.  Absolutely stunning work on that Challenger!  :bravo:  You are almost all done.  Must be an exciting feeling to be so close and having all looking so good.   :inlove:

manycj

Thanks Cody.

It is exciting, but it's like pulling teeth sometimes.  I was going to paint my freshly rebuilt engine this weekend, but the new rocker arms I got were wrong and I need to replace a valve cover due to pin holes found during bead blasting.  Delay of game. 

Chris

Spikedog08

WOW that is looking amazing!   Nice job!   :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

If the engine is anything like your body work and dash, it's going to be beautiful.

Every time I see a primer / body color over spray underside I think to myself "Why haven't I done one that way yet"?  I really like it.  Can't wait to see more photos as you get it done.   :popcorn:

xx88man

Great job! I love that how the Panther looks with the black vinyl roof   :wowzers:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Yes: FM3 works best with black accents.
Sheldon

usraptor

Wow!  What a difference.  Good skills there!

750-h2

JRMac73

FM3 is my favorite color of all the high impact colors. Great work...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

manycj

I finally got my engine installed this past weekend (5/13/17).  It was a relatively easy install by myself. I did not fully install the engine components, like I see other people do, since I needed the clearance. Besides the carb is out being restored and I didn't want to wait a month. I removed the fan which is shown in the first pictures. Though not shown in the pictures, I did install the starter and power steering hoses. I also installed the trans harness. As you can see my engine/trans/Kframe was build up on a low profile cart that I made from 2x6s and casters. The highest point was the top of the PCV valve, roughly 27".

I raised the front of the car up so that the frame rails at the wheel wells were 28" above the floor (probably would be harder for a 383/440). With the car on jack stands, I rolled the engine/trans/Kframe asby underneath at the wheel opening perpendicular to the car. Then I carefully rotated it roughly in position. I gradually lowered the front with 2 jacks as far as I dared to go. With the front back on jack stands, I used 3 jacks and raised the engine/trans in place. Took me about 3 hours by myself.  And there you have it, the pink and the blue.

Chris

anlauto

Still easier then going over the top ! Great work :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pink aar

What paint did you use. I used PPG concept with 2002 clear for my pink.

manycj

Quote from: pink aar on May 15, 2017, 08:06:47 AM
What paint did you use. I used PPG concept with 2002 clear for my pink.

I used Deltron 2000 (DBC) with Concept 2002 Clear.

Cuda Cody

Impressive you did that all by yourself.   :bravo:  Looks really nice.  Good job man.