Main Menu

69 383 Formula S 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, September 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Yeah, without question your car wears it well.... Seriously Badass..

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Oldschool on September 21, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
The Super Stock hoods look great when you can see Beast lurking underneath it...  But I am biased....  LoL...
While this car is getting a pretty stout motor. Not quite as nasty as yours. That looks pretty sic!

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

cuda dad

That is a really cool car.  One of 331.  sweet!  :burnout:

Oldschool

Quote from: RzeroB on September 21, 2017, 06:33:43 PM
Quote from: Oldschool on September 21, 2017, 06:11:42 AM
Probably gonna sell the Beast this Spring.... 

@Oldschool  Oh??  :takemymoney:

You want to come and pick it up, or would you like for me to bring it to you???    :rofl: :rofl:

Shane Kelley

Pics of the trouble areas. Really not bad overall. Mostly your typical rust issues with the trunk pan and floor boards being solid. In hindsight the quarters were very repairable but when they are on the car you can't see what's on the backside. I hate to see some bubble pop up after the vehicle is painted and together. So they were replaced.

Pretty good buckle in the cowl panel is a area of concern. I'm sure the front fenders being changed and this buckle are related.

Door striker area seems to be a real issue with these A body's.

Looks like somebody made some room for headers with the firewall. Lower windshield channel was rotten.

Another little trick I like to do when I'm disassembling a car is bag & tag everything and write on the box what's inside. But I do one more step and take a pick of the contents in the box. I use these pics for reference to find some odd part quickly by scrolling through the pics to see what it's boxed with. It's helped me many times.

Chryco Psycho

Shane Kelley

Worked on the pedal assembly today. Been playing with powder formula's. Came up with this one for clean raw steel. Not exact but I'm pretty happy with it overall. I used 75% cast iron powder mixed with 25% chrome powder. It will be some really durable stuff. Probably start using it on drum brake backing plates also. 

RzeroB

Nice!!  :bigthumb:  Shane, you doing your own powder-coating at your place? I don't remember seeing an pc oven?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RzeroB on September 23, 2017, 04:15:14 PM
Nice!!  :bigthumb:  Shane, you doing your own powder-coating at your place? I don't remember seeing an pc oven?
Yep.  I have a smaller one in the shop about the size of a big microwave and larger oven in the small building by the shop. That's where my compressor and blast cabinet are also.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Be aware the clutch start switch grounds through the pedal support.....  Now that I've covered that.... It looks great...

RzeroB

Man you're doing some cool stuff. If you were just a wee bit closer I'd be hanging out at your place while you're working this project.
Cheers!
Tom

Cuda Cody

Some really nice work man.   :bravo:  That color on the pedal is great.   :bradsthumb:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 23, 2017, 06:26:28 PM
Be aware the clutch start switch grounds through the pedal support.....  Now that I've covered that.... It looks great...
Shouldn't be a issue on this one.  It seems 69 Barracuda's don't have clutch safety switches. The starter relay has a fixed ground where you normally hook the safety switch wire. Better remember to push that clutch in on fire up!  :o