Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Will be home in a couple of weeks so I will be working again on my car. I bought a new fuel line and it was the correct one this time, Bought a vent tube kit also, now my question is, on the vent tube that goes through the trunk floor, do I run rubber gas line tubing from the end of the vent tube to the tank? Or is there another metal tube I need to buy? If I had took the car apart I would have a idea, but since it was in pieces I rely on you guys help. :help:
Thanks
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Is this the line you are talking about?    :huh:
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 02, 2017, 12:12:54 PM
..now my question is, on the vent tube that goes through the trunk floor, do I run rubber gas line tubing from the end of the vent tube to the tank? Or is there another metal tube I need to buy? If I had took the car apart I would have a idea, but since it was in pieces I rely on you guys help. :help:
Thanks

Timbbuc2

Bought mine from Y1 but it dont look like that, a single tube connects to the filler neck, goes through the trunk floor and turns toward the tank, 383 car
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

More like this?

Timbbuc2

Yep that it, so is there a fuel line running to the tank vent?
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

No, I don't believe so. On my car, the end of the line (the end with the undercoating) was "stuffed" into a hole in the passenger side rail under the trunk floor. Wasn't even secured. Looks like they just wanted to vent the tank to an inconspicuous place.

Cuda Cody

Yes, one side goes down in the frame rail to vent and the other side it connected to the fuel filler tube with a small rubber hose.  If your filler tube does not have a small nipple then it's for the N95 tank, if I recall correctly.   :thinking:

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 04:12:19 PM
No, I don't believe so. On my car, the end of the line (the end with the undercoating) was "stuffed" into a hole in the passenger side rail under the trunk floor. Wasn't even secured. Looks like they just wanted to vent the tank to an inconspicuous place.

Timbbuc2

Great, thanks guys for your help. Love this forum. :toast:
Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 04:12:19 PM

Not sure if the 'Cuda's are the same, but on my '70 'Cuda, as Cody explained, the one end is stuffed inside the frame rail.  Not sure where the other end connects.  It's been a while since I looked at it.  I believe after '70 they changed vent systems and added several different nipples on the passenger side of the gas tank. 

Timbbuc2

Rebuilding  my k-member,is the upper control arm painted?
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 14, 2017, 06:32:11 PM
Rebuilding  my k-member,is the upper control arm painted?

Kind of a debatable subject. MOST were natural steel, but some have claimed to be semi-gloss black.. Could have to do with different vendors or assembly plants. Look closely at your original for any signs of paint if it's not too late.

NOS ones are typically painted.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Mine is painted gloss  black but it is not original
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Well went to the job interview yes @anlauto it was Valentines Day, but I didnt carry any chocolates :rofl: But I nailed it. I start on the 13th of March. I will be home every week end to work on my car.
Last week I got a lot done on my car. Will post picks later. K-member is about 1/2 done, all new bushing and modern disk brakes. Master done and plumbed in. I made a frame on wheels to mount the K-member to, so when I have the assy together I will roll it under the car.
My K-member had a coin stamped "12"
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

:congrats:  Way to go man!!!   :bravo:

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 21, 2017, 08:34:16 AM
I start on the 13th of March. I will be home every week end to work on my car.

anlauto

Employment is a good thing :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration