Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Took my steering column apart yesterday, thanks @Cuda Cody  your video was a great help. I just wish that someone many years ago had access to your video. Their method of removing the crush can was 3 screw drivers.  But I got it looking alot better. Today going to paint.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Timbbuc2

Steering wheel installed today and everything works. But while I was installing the wheel I saw one wire that I forgot to connect. The infamous title lamp. I saw a thread that @Cuda Cody help someone else, now that problem is solved. Anyone that is working on a e-body have come to a great site.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

What would be a good carb for my 383, the carter I have is beyond repair.
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

For a stock 383 a 650 AVS works nicely.
Sheldon

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Update! I have working under the hood in preparation of cranking her up. Yesterday I got my nerve up and put a battery to check all systems. After ME installing the complete wire harness everything that I checked worked. I was pleased with the out come since the dash had no wiring in it when I got the car. As @anlauto has mentioned many times pay close attention to grounds. I thought I did but guess not. That is where I have to go back ie side lights, signals. All fluids in the motor , just about ready to fire her up. All the family wants to be here when I do, so looks like this weeked.
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

Roadman

Do a video if you can Tim.   :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Awesome good that you are getting close  :cooldance:

Timbbuc2

Since this engine is not original to my car, I have a question  the vacuum nipple on the back of the intake. This nipple is for brake booster I presume, but where do I get the vacuum for the AC? Does a car with AC have a double nipple on the intake?
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

Can't wait to hear that engine run.  :banana:  There's nothing better than hearing it fire and run for the first time validating all the hard work you put into it.  And what a great time to do it.  Talk about a great Christmas Present!  Make sure you video it and post it.  Good luck! :twothumbsup:

Timbbuc2

I wanted to share some information in case someone wanted to put a shaker on a AC car.  You may already know but i will share for the ones that dont.
I was concerned where to put the cable for the shaker vents. @Cuda Cody gave me a idea where the cable goes on a non Ac car. SO I took it from there . Since I didnt have the Shaker kit when  installed the heater box so I had to loosen the bolts just to be on the safe side. Shaker kit came from Tom.the cable works perfect where I installed it see picture
Get in, I'll drive

Spikedog08

That is an interesting place to run the shaker cable . . . mine I believe comes through the firewall closer to the brake booster and runs behind the intake.  Sweet car and look forward to the big day of getting that running!   Very cool!

:clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on December 21, 2017, 03:23:53 PM
Since this engine is not original to my car, I have a question  the vacuum nipple on the back of the intake. This nipple is for brake booster I presume, but where do I get the vacuum for the AC? Does a car with AC have a double nipple on the intake?
Tim

If you don't already have the answer then yes a double nipple, one 3/8" & one 1/8"

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 29, 2017, 08:47:02 AM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on December 21, 2017, 03:23:53 PM
Tim

If you don't already have the answer then yes a double nipple, one 3/8" & one 1/8"
Who sells them thanks
Get in, I'll drive