Main Menu

74 Cuda resto Mod/Pro Touring Build.

Started by kjwalters, April 22, 2017, 05:23:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: kjwalters on September 08, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
I think some people would be surprised at how long it takes to do wiring and make it look decent.

I hear ya, it took me weeks and weeks to finish wiring the entire car + EFI.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

kjwalters

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 08, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
I think some people would be surprised at how long it takes to do wiring and make it look decent.

I may want to pick your brain if I run into any issues or am unsure about something if that's o.k. The Guys at Hotwire and American auto wire have been great...but sometimes owners have good input.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: kjwalters on September 08, 2017, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 08, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

I may want to pick your brain if I run into any issues or am unsure about something if that's o.k. The Guys at Hotwire and American auto wire have been great...but sometimes owners have good input.

Please do. However I am running an aftermarket ECU the rest of the harness is essentially a "hacked up" painless and vintage air harness combined. I did my fuse/relay box from scratch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

kjwalters

Dash is going back into the Cuda after days of wiring everything under the dash. Now the dash can come out with simply unplugging 4 connections and 1 wire. It looks great and everything fits and works nicely. The Custom made speedhut gauges really look great. I will get a pic of it all lit up as soon as I get everything checked and powered up.

Roadman

4 connections and 1 wire.   :banana:   You must love wiring like me.  Nice work.   :rebelflag"

kjwalters

Quote from: Roadman on September 19, 2017, 04:11:00 PM
         4 connections and 1 wire.   :banana:   You must love wiring like me.  Nice work.   :rebelflag"

Well if everything works as it should I will like wiring....lol. Thanks for the comment.

usraptor

Very nice. Love the custom gauge cluster.  :banana:

kjwalters

So I have been wrking on finishing and testing the wiring and dash components. So far everything works great. Kim at Passion for Mopar's sent me out a new wiper motor and I installed that. It was a little tricky to sory out since I am not running the original switch. But a couple relay's, a resistor and an LED switch later and I have it working as a two speed Hi-LOW-Off setup; not that I ever plan on needing them but if I do they will work fine.
I installed the new column and Billet steering wheel and am currently working on the linkage to the PW steering. The rear window went in and the rear trim as well. I am just about to a point that I need the motor done to finish the other stuff. Here are a couple pics.

Cudakiller70

Sooo nice, Just so well done. I'm amazed at the quality work you and others do and share on this site.  :clapping:

kjwalters

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on October 14, 2017, 07:57:21 PM
Sooo nice, Just so well done. I'm amazed at the quality work you and others do and share on this site.  :clapping:

Thank's man I appreciate the kind words.

Chryco Psycho

Looks great !
Wiring is not really difficult but it does take time to make it work & look clean , great job  :bigthumb:

shawge

Really like that custom center console - I may have to steal that idea.  Nice work!
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

usraptor

Quote from: shawge on October 16, 2017, 08:58:50 AM
Really like that custom center console - I may have to steal that idea.  Nice work!

What he said! :twothumbsup:

YellowThumper

Attention to detail is what differentiates a good project and great project.
All the little details no one notices when done right but everyone sees when done badly.

I am plagued with that as well.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

@kjwalters

Hey there.    Haven't heard from you for a while.  I know you were considering buying another car.  Whats up with your 74 Cuda?