Main Menu

74 Cuda resto Mod/Pro Touring Build.

Started by kjwalters, April 22, 2017, 05:23:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kjwalters

Well been working on the fuel system. This is one part of the build I wish I could have done differently. Originally the plan was to fabricate a fuel tank to go in place of the original. I did not have enough room after installing the new rear suspension to run an original fuel tank. However, this just wasn't going to give me the room I needed to run exhaust and have a decent amount of fuel on board. So I reluctantly decided to run a fuel cell in the trunk. The Floor of the Cuda is not fuel cell friendly, meaning it's not flat.  Took some doing but ended up getting a cell installed with a Walbour EFI pump and sending unit. I installed proper bulk head fittings on all the hoses going through the trunk floor as well. 6AN feed line, 8AN return line and 6AN vent all push-loc hoses and fittings. Also managed to get the battery mounted and the new aux battery post plate went were the original gas neck would have gone. I wanted this in case the battery every died I would have a place to hook up some cables to get power to the car since it has shaved doors. Over all it turned out pretty nice I guess.

Cuda Cody

Really nice!  Looks like a clean professional install.     :bravo:

kjwalters

Does anyone know where I can get new bolts for the alternator,water pump, power steering and A/C?

Cuda Cody

Yes, @MoparDave  sells the factory correct kits and he gives e-bodies.org members great discounts too.    :twothumbsup:uthor=kjwalters link=topic=1587.msg23848#msg23848 date=1493258062]
Does anyone know where I can get new bolts for the alternator,water pump, power steering and A/C?
[/quote]

kjwalters

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 26, 2017, 07:00:47 PM
Yes, @MoparDave  sells the factory correct kits and he gives e-bodies.org members great discounts too.    :twothumbsup:uthor=kjwalters link=topic=1587.msg23848#msg23848 date=1493258062]
[/quote]

Thanks Sir, I messaged him, hopefully he can help me out. have a great night.

kjwalters

Dave was unable to get sizes and lengths for the bolts I need because Mopar does  not list them. can anyone else help out with this?

Thank you.

Cuda Cody

Might try http://www.rtspecialties.net/  If Tom can't get them, then maybe we just need to get the specs and you should be able to get them from your local fastener store.

Quote from: kjwalters on April 27, 2017, 04:50:54 PM
Dave was unable to get sizes and lengths for the bolts I need because Mopar does  not list them. can anyone else help out with this?

Thank you.

kjwalters

Thanks for that....

That's what I was thinking..if I could get the sizes and lengths I would get something that would work for sure.

Cuda Cody

stand by.... let me see what I can find.

Quote from: kjwalters on April 27, 2017, 05:01:31 PM
Thanks for that....

That's what I was thinking..if I could get the sizes and lengths I would get something that would work for sure.

Cuda Cody

If you don't have one of these yet, they are super handy I you might want to look in to it.  These are a few pages from Dave's book to give you an idea of the great details you can get from it.

http://shop.mmcdetroit.com/t/mmmc-detroit---e-body-fastener-manual-1970-74-fastener-manual-fme-1

IMO, his books are well worth the money and anyone restoring an E-Body should think about buying one.

kjwalters

That book looks great. Now if they made one for the 6.1 Hemi I would be all set. I just dont know were to look.

Chryco Psycho

any bolt supply store assuming you are not concerned withoriginal head markings & now the length & thread size

Cuda Cody

You're past my ability.  The 6.1 is all new to me.   :sorry:

Quote from: kjwalters on April 27, 2017, 06:31:12 PM
That book looks great. Now if they made one for the 6.1 Hemi I would be all set. I just dont know were to look.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: kjwalters on April 27, 2017, 06:31:12 PM

I offered two suggestions for some level of kit...  :pokeeye:

There are some you will likely just want to go ahead and get from the dealer. The a/c and alternator hardware is not all that prominent once installed.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

kjwalters

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 27, 2017, 07:29:17 PM
any bolt supply store assuming you are not concerned withoriginal head markings & now the length & thread size

Yep, and that's the issue I am having, no ones know the sizes or length of the bolts. Thought maybe someone on here that is building a 6.1 Hemi had them and would share that information. You would think it would be easy to find out, but it seems to be one of those odd things that isn't listed on any place.