Main Menu

AAR is complete

Started by Aar1064, September 21, 2017, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 22, 2017, 06:40:29 AM
Awesome.  :ohyeah: My favorite car and color combination. That looks exactly like the one from my hometown in the early 80's. Do you know any history on the car?

:iagree: A red AAR is  :wowzers:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Shane Kelley

Quote from: TX9AAR on September 22, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
Nice car that has to be a great feeling having the car finished. Post some more pictures when you have the time.

That's a funny statement. Every time I finish a big build and get to the end. I look around and have to convince myself it's really done.  :huh:

750-h2

Aar1064

Quote from: AAR#2 on September 22, 2017, 05:34:59 AM
Congratulations Buddy!
You and I have had countless talks, comparing original photos, deciding where to go for ???, how to ???, whats correct for ???. . . I have enjoyed your friendship and help over the years. I'll look forward to the day we get these cars in the same setting.

Have a blast with her!

. . . and you still have to help me get finished, your 5 years makes me feel like a chump when I'm approaching 11 . . .

Thanks. I too have enjoyed the friendship and have learned a lot from you. You are a beast when it comes to being correct and have pushed me into that arena and I can't thank you enough.

Look forward to the day they are side by side.

Aar1064

I have to say that it feels great being finished although are we really ever finished? I've really met a lot of great people in this build I would've never met otherwise and for that I'm grateful.

It has been a tough go and I sometimes wonder where I got the determination to do all of this. All the media blasting, priming, blocking, welding, parts gathering, painting, researching, and screw-ups but then I realize it's for the love of this car. I've wanted the exact car since I was a kid but never in a position or time in my life where it was feasible. I'm not a rich man and if it weren't for the fact that my dad taught me most of the skills required to do this, it would be in someone else's garage so I thank him.

Thanks for the kind words............... :grouphug:

Aar1064

Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 22, 2017, 09:24:33 AM
Nice car that has to be a great feeling having the car finished. Post some more pictures when you have the time.

That's a funny statement. Every time I finish a big build and get to the end. I look around and have to convince myself it's really done.  :huh:

That is so true. I'm still in shock. lol

Wife says now I have to clean out that nasty garage.  :haha: :rofl:

Roadman

:rebelflag"         Beautiful car.     :banana:

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Aar1064 on September 22, 2017, 01:08:46 PM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 22, 2017, 09:24:33 AM

Wife says now I have to clean out that nasty garage.  :haha: :rofl:
You need to listen to her! Clean it out ASAP! For your next car!

JH27N0B

Wow, that AAR looks like the Plymouth equivalent twin to my T/A!  Other than the louvers, though back in the day I had louvers on my car that I'd added.  Didn't put them back on when I restored it.
Looks great, hope to see it in person someday.  :bigthumb:

Aar1064

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 22, 2017, 04:27:04 PM
Wow, that AAR looks like the Plymouth equivalent twin to my T/A!  Other than the louvers, though back in the day I had louvers on my car that I'd added.  Didn't put them back on when I restored it.

I'm going to really try hard to be at Carlisle next year as well as Mopar nationals so surely we can hook up.

Brads70

What a beautiful ride! You should be proud!  :drooling: :bravo: :bradsthumb:

Congratulations !
That is a fine ride you have built there !

JH27N0B

Quote from: Aar1064 on September 22, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

I'm going to really try hard to be at Carlisle next year as well as Mopar nationals so surely we can hook up.
I've vowed I will get out to Carlisle in 2020 for the 50th anniversary T/A and AAR reunion.  And I really want to get to the Nats with it.  I've got no rig so I have to figure that problem out before I can cart my car off to national shows!  :notsure:  No room in the drive for a trailer either.  Time to move!
I was thinking about how one of your AAR pix looked alot like a picture I took of my T/A a year ago when it moved out of my garage under its own power for the first time in ages!

Aar1064

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 22, 2017, 06:46:29 PM
Quote from: Aar1064 on September 22, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

I've vowed I will get out to Carlisle in 2020 for the 50th anniversary T/A and AAR reunion.  And I really want to get to the Nats with it.  I've got no rig so I have to figure that problem out before I can cart my car off to national shows!  :notsure:  No room in the drive for a trailer either.  Time to move!
I was thinking about how one of your AAR pix looked alot like a picture I took of my T/A a year ago when it moved out of my garage under its own power for the first time in ages!

That is a similar shot for sure. First time mine had been outside all dressed up and the first day I took the family for a ride. Special car you have there.

Yeah that should be a great show to attend. I'm going to make sure AAR#2 gets his AAR out there because it will be a site to behold once complete.