Main Menu

RESTORAG ...HAPPY CUSTOMER

Started by anlauto, August 26, 2017, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Yes: My last two were basketcases. It's a bit "Challenging" all right.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

No pain no gain.

Look at it this way Alan - at least you aren't restoring a gremlin.  :rofl:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Spikedog08

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 18, 2017, 12:57:56 AM

No pain no gain.

Look at it this way Alan - at least you aren't restoring a gremlin.  :rofl:

And you are working!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

jimynick

The good parts about this deal, is that you're the only guy I know who not only knows what bolts are required, but that you also have them and know pretty much every piece on these cars and where they go. The guy will be happy by the time you and your "guys" do your things, I know!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Oops...they did it again...... :thumbdown:
I can't believe what some shops will do because of their lack of knowledge of a particular car or attention to details :steamingmad:

Check out their idea of a spare tire bracket compared to an original....and the problems that could cause if found AFTER paint  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

EV2RTSE

Never owned a ragtop ebody, but don't the spares mount in a different location on a vert compared to a hardtop? Or was it if the car had a space saver regardless of hardtop or convertible?    :notsure:

anlauto

Convertibles ONLY came with collapsible spares, and yes they mount farther rearward for clearance for the collapsed roof.

FlatlandTA

How was the rust repair done or what surprises will you find there later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUNCHARGER

Doh! That would be fun to pick up that way in paint.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 25, 2017, 04:58:55 PM
Doh! That would be fun to pick up that way in paint.

I guess it's what 32 years experience restoring E Bodies gets you...this actually hit me last night while lying in bed, my brain never seems to shut off... :looney:

anlauto

Quote from: FlatlandTA on October 25, 2017, 04:03:57 PM
How was the rust repair done or what surprises will you find there later!

I can tell it's mostly new metal, but I am having difficulty finding a paint shop that will just paint over someone else's body work. My two primary shops won't touch it without stripping it back down to bare metal, which the owner wants no part of....I'm bringing it to another shop next week to see what they have to say...

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on October 25, 2017, 11:00:41 AM
Convertibles ONLY came with collapsible spares, and yes they mount farther rearward for clearance for the collapsed roof.
I was going to ask that to, learned something new!  :ohyeah: