Main Menu

RUSTY Triple Black 340 Barracuda project, soon to be aar style 70 clone

Started by silver70, June 15, 2017, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

silver70

I considered it, but just leaving it stock and rolls the outer lips for more space... I don't want too big of a tire on, will just be a street car.  I got a belvedere that's minitubbed, super stock springs, etc... one is enough like that.

Cut out the floors and almost ready for the new pans... probably would have did more, but rain was moving in and I didn't put the tarp back on the portable car port yet. 

Chryco Psycho

at the rate you are moving you should have it done this month !!

xx88man

This is a great one to watch...I am thinking of a similar direction for my car.
Keep yer foot in it

silver70

I'll probably have all the metal work done by the end of the month.  Being able to buy new parts like this sure makes it easy.  I will be repairing some parts over new, like cowl needs some work, little in the rear roof to drip rail area, front lower pillars to door jamb area.... and more of course.  One front rail needs a little patch under the mc area.  Inner fenders for most part as solid, considered new, but not sure there yet.

I actually considered doing a much rustier car just to be able to try out all the panel available, but this one will be good enough for now.

silver70

Floor pans mostly done... waiting on the ps rear to arrive tomorrow to finish it.

Cuda Cody

usraptor

Wow! You definitely don't waste any time.  I admire people with your skills and determination.   :twothumbsup:  Can't wait to see this move along!

silver70

I'm actually doing another car that needs almost as much metal replaced and it is top priority... so progress will definitely be slower now, but did get the other floor pan, outer pillar panel and another brace I needed for it.  Hopefully will get the back end of the car welded up in the next few weeks.

nsmall

Feeling guilty.  I need to get moving on my project.   I can't even imagine taking on this type of project.  Hopefully the rain won't slow you down now. 

Cuda70-74

Wow nice project. Sometimes I prefer cars like that because you see what you really working with. I seen too many people get screwed with shiny painted cars just to find out it needs that much work  done to it plus they paid a nice chunk of change for it. :handshake:
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

silver70

Back end is all welded on, little work to the inner wheelhouses needed yet. 

LinceCuda

Timbbuc2

You really work fast, and a nice job also. Hats off to ya!!!!!
Get in, I'll drive

nsmall