Main Menu

RUSTY Triple Black 340 Barracuda project, soon to be aar style 70 clone

Started by silver70, June 15, 2017, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

silver70

Been busy trying to finish my 69 belvedere so it's ready for spring.... got to have 1 car ready to go because the cuda got a while to go and have a gto I need to finish 1st too.

However I did get a hood, was a race glass style I got basically for free using ebay bucks.  Cut the sheetmetal top off a steel hood, was beat up bad on top.... then bonded them together.  Left the underside rough looking, sorta factoryish. 

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

silver70

Should be further a long, but too many projects... should get the metal work done before it gets too cold to work outside.  Need to welding in the inner fenders, all ready to install now.

Spikedog08

Great thread!  You have a talent I wish I had learned .  .  .  Great job! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Are you going to replace the upper braces with the HD ones first ?

silver70

Put the 5.7 together a while back and figured I'd set it in the car to get it out of my way and then do the turbo headers and rest of the hot side.  And the turbo, 75mm borg warner.  Can't afford a hellcat, so I'll make my own version.

silver70

I should have went with a smaller turbo... tight fit

Katfish

silver70

Built a 6.1 and finished all the turbo setup... getting it ready to paint soon. 

RUNCHARGER

Dumb question but if a guy is going to boost it anyway is there much advantage to a 6.1 over the readiily available 5.7? I'm thinking of boosting a Gen III in a lighter A-body and the 5.7's are everywhere cheap.
Sheldon

ledphoot

holy crap what an amazing transformation, you guys blow my mind with the kind of work you do.

Thanks for sharing

silver70

Not sure if there is much advantage but in my case I bought the 6.1 cheap and built it with all forged internals, billet cam, no vvt and so on.  The 5.7 I had in it only has 5k miles and is all cast internals.

silver70

Back to a roller now with all new suspension.  Did all the glass, vtop and so on too... Normally do it after paint, but just want to make as much progress as I can while I have the time.