Main Menu

71 cuda lower black paint

Started by realn96, February 04, 2017, 05:51:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

I know this has been asked before. just what to be 100% correct on this before I paint it. Is the lower rocker Organosol on a 71 cuda? Not just black paint correct? Also I know the rear tail panel gets the organosol, does that mean the taillight bezel get the organosol too? I am going to buy the paint this week. Is 1 quart enough for the shaker bubble, rocker and tail panel? thx

anlauto

It's just flat black like the rad support black out. The tail panel and tail light bezels should be the same. I don't believe there was a lot of texture in 1971+ cars as there was in 1970.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Lower Rockers I believe to be the same as the radiator support.... flat black.

Organosol the tail panel and tail lights.  Not sure what was used on the black bubble in 71?

realn96

Quote from: anlauto on February 04, 2017, 05:58:03 AM
It's just flat black like the rad support black out. The tail panel and tail light bezels should be the same. I don't believe there was a lot of texture in 1971+ cars as there was in 1970.

wow , glad I asked! I thought it all was organosol!

realn96

BTW  Beautiful work Allen! Looks Think its safe to say , You love your job!

screamindriver

Don't forget...When you get to the point of applying the blackout treatment there's areas around the inside of the vehicle as well...Inside windshield A pillar and dash areas,rear wheelwell area between the seat and quarterpanel are a few that come to mind...

Cuda Cody

Good reminder @screamindriver   The "A" pillars and window area look better when properly blacked out.   :clapping:

realn96

I was just looking closer at the picture sceamindriver posted  :thinking:, and I noticed it says to omit the blackout on the following colors. GF7 was one of them! My car is gf7. What do you guys think? I have seen two cars on the internet gf7 and they looked like they had the black on the lower rockers! What do you think I should do guys?  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Dark paint cars were "spec'd" to not have blackout.  But I've seem then both ways originally.  So if you have an original car that you can reference, use that as your guideline.  If you can not tell what it was originally, use the factory documents as your guideline.   :alan2cents:

headejm

Does this lower rocker blackout apply to 1970 Challengers?  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Yes, the pinch welds do get black out on non dark cars.

6bblgt

& all '71 'Cudas had M25 - "SILL MOULDINGS" - the above drawing does not reference these cars - is the entire drawing available?

:bigthumb: black survivor '71 340'Cuda

screamindriver

Ask and yee shall receive Dan,  :lookatthat:    Here's the complete page....Would there be another one ???

realn96

man , with reading glasses and a magnifying glass I can barely read anything on there! :-[

screamindriver

Click on the picture it will expand the pic in a new window...