Main Menu

1970 Challenger drip rail trim questions

Started by broughj, August 20, 2019, 08:01:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

It is a good winter day project for sure. The key is patience. The minute you feel like it isn't going right, just stop and come at it another day. Real easy to cause damage if you rush it.

Cratos

I am getting rid of the vinyl top so do I still use both top and bottom pieces? and what order do the seals go in (from top) two sides sticky or rolled foam?

Claudia

:alan2cents: You should have the following installed in this order . . .

Non-sticky foam seal (glued to the body window channel) . . . ones in your picture that are bagged together
Drip Rail Trim
Sticky strip seal (two separate rolls in the top of your picture)
Weather-strip Channel
Glass Seal

Burdar

My 73 used the sticky adhesive backed foam tape in both locations from the factory.  The DMT kit comes with an adhesive backed roll and a non adhesive backed roll.  I highly doubt it make any difference which goes where.  I wish both rolls would have been the same adhesive backed stuff as my car had originally.  It would have made installation a little easier.  :alan2cents:

What Claudia said is correct.  The drip rail trim goes on first with the shallow/thin screws.  Then the weatherstrip channel goes ontop of that with the round headed screws.  A gasket goes between the body and the drip rail trim and between the drip rail trim and the weatherstrip channel.  If you use too tall of a screw to attach the drip rail trim, the weatherstrip channel might not sit down where it is supposed to.

Cratos

thanks drip rail and wire up electric window and door trim left  and of course my custom console one I figure out what radio I want :)