Main Menu

Door molding

Started by cudamadd, May 16, 2020, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

On a 70  cuda top of door belt molding which is the best way to put them on .? I have bent them in the past trying to put them on .Do I put one side edge in first and then pushing then down ,Is the best way or do they slide on I have the original white clips with the little pin which you press down . I have a new set on the way and buy the time they get  here with dollar exchange and GST $ 380 Aust  So I donot want to stuff them up again .P.S last time I damaged one but could not buy just one on its own .Thank you for any add vice John  :australia:

cudamadd

I must say the reason I am repaceing them is because they had sent me a Crome set ,Which I knew were not correct but I could not send them all the way back to the States so I used them .They were of a very hard material they looked like they were stainless. I then released the reason they were not crome from the factory is because of all the fingerprints that showed up when closing the doors and People touching them . P.S it used too drive me mad

Rich G.

They should snap on easily. The problem is some of the reproduction trim doesn't fit the clips. I have that issue with the ones on my 71. I ground the slot open a little to try to get them to fit. That was years ago. The new set I got recently from  OER with their clips went on with just a little push. I was ready for a fight but it was a piece of cake. I know the description on the clips said they don't fit original trim. 

cudamadd

Cheers  Rich G.  I hope these ones go on with out a itch .

JS29

Mrbill426