Main Menu

AMD new vinal roof trim at trunk

Started by Ccuda, August 02, 2021, 11:06:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ccuda

Can I get some feedback before I buy the stainless trim for a Vinal top that goes below the back window. AMD doesn't list any attachment clips for some reason. My 70 Cuda didn't come with a Vinal roof so I'll have to drill also. Is their trim peace worth it and what kind of clips do you recommend?
Thanks
Ccuda

truckinman466

Roseville Moparts sells the clip kit. Depending on year they were either screwed on or had rivets welded to Dutchman panel. The clip kit will fit either way.

Ccuda

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if the drip rails on the 70 Cuda are attached by screws or just pressed on like all the GM ones?
Ccuda

anlauto

The drip rails are screwed on, the weather-strip channels need to be removed, also screwed on, to get at the drip rail trim.
I recommend the vinyl top trim clips from a 70 which are studs and nuts, they hold much better. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ccuda

Trim clips for a 70? That's what I asked about. Do you mean a different year? I'm going to order the ones from Rosedale for a 70 right?
Ccuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

anlauto

You should be fine with the headliner to get at the drip rail moldings, but you will need to lift the bottom of the headliner on the B pillars to access the vinyl top trim nuts on the front of the trim..

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on August 02, 2021, 05:25:52 PM
You should be fine with the headliner to get at the drip rail moldings, but you will need to lift the bottom of the headliner on the B pillars to access the vinyl top trim nuts on the front of the trim..

Yea, that's a big negative.  You will NOT have to pull the headliner lose at the B pillar, just remove the sail panel to access the studs to install the nuts.  The headline doesn't come down any where near that far.

anlauto

Yes FE5CUDA is 100% correct, I thought you were working on a Challenger sorry for the total misguidance...I'm such an idiot  :headbang: :haha: :haha:

With a Cuda you can just remove the sail panels :alan2cents:

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on August 03, 2021, 04:18:20 AM
Yes FE5CUDA is 100% correct, I thought you were working on a Challenger sorry for the total misguidance...I'm such an idiot  :headbang: :haha: :haha:

With a Cuda you can just remove the sail panels :alan2cents:

Oh, ok.  :bigthumb: :thinking: :drunk:

JS29

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure!!!  :alan2cents:

anlauto