Main Menu

1971 Challenger Side Scoops ?

Started by anlauto, December 02, 2020, 07:15:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudino

Hmm, strange.  Yesterday Amazon did show me these were out of stock, but now it says delivery in about a week, with a price of $134.75 USD.  That's about $15 more than the ones from Josh's.  Well, if you're interested in these Amazon ones but you can't buy them directly for some reason (Canadian embargo???), then I'd be happy to buy them for you and ship them to you.  Again, I can't advocate the longterm durability of these, or Josh's, but these just feel much sturdier so that's the set I'm planning to use myself.

- Wade

anlauto

Here's something odd...You said the Seller on Amazon was "Southern Car Parts"....When I Google them, it comes up as side scoops for the "new" Challengers  :dunno:
https://www.southerncarparts.com/2008-2017-challenger-quarter-scoops.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudino

it might be 2 different companies, Southern Car Parts vs. Southern Car Parts .COM?  Not sure.  By the way, at the bottom of the Amazon description for the ones I bought it says they are made of hard rubber.

- Wade

Shoooter

I have a set. No idea of manufacturer. 

MoparCarGuy

This photo might help for placement. The second photo is an original set showing the factory studs.

anlauto

anlauto

Ended up buy the "black" ones from YearOne with a 30% off code paid $135USD plus shipping.. :twothumbsup:

Jay Bee

Good timing, the Canadian dollar has been getting better the last few days.

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on December 06, 2020, 01:46:59 PM
Ended up buy the "black" ones from YearOne with a 30% off code paid $135USD plus shipping.. :twothumbsup:

Please let us know what the quality is like when you get them Alan. Thanks.    :cheers:
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on December 06, 2020, 01:46:59 PM

Ordered them December 6th, and received them today Feb. 1st.  :banana:

anlauto

REVIEW: They are nice and heavy, the stud seem pretty solid. What I did find is that the studs DID NOT line up with the new DMT gaskets holes, whether the gaskets are correct or not....who knows ?

I'm mounting these on a non-RT so I'm drilling new holes, whether or not these studs would line up with factory holes....I do not know.

I think they look good and I got 30% off of them at YearOne  :dunno:

71TA

Yep, had to be those gaskets were off :) Thanks Alan. I used a factory side scoop to reverse engineer them and then I test fit on a completely different set. They both fit well.

The fit is probably similar to the A and E body console overlays I make. They fit GREAT on factory stuff. Not so good on the reproduction stuff. But thats on the poor reverse engineering of the reproduction parts. Not me. I have stuff made for me. Many of overseas companies make stuff that "looks" good. But it's up to the company contracting the parts being made to actually check the CAD designs.

jimynick

Quote from: Cudino on December 04, 2020, 06:54:07 PM
Oh, interesting, I just tried my Amazon link again and they now show these scoops are back in stock...

- Wade

There must've been a boat that got in from China.  :Stirring:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"