Main Menu

1971 Cuda 340 Front Grill colors

Started by Manuel, February 19, 2021, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Hi,

Could someone help me with the original color code for the walls of the air inlet holes on the front gril please?

Its a sort of silver looking color.     Not talking about the sandy darker main finish.

Is this the same color that goes on the front fender ¨air exit¨ walls?     

What is the finishing texture?

Thanks

Manuel

Mines have gotten kind of a tar accent I believe and think they were silver looking.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaize

Here's the can of what I used for the insets on my grille.  I believe it is rallye wheel paint.  I don't remember for sure what reference I got this from but I did research pretty extensively and I was fairly certain this was the correct stuff.  As Alan said it is a dull finish, I believe it has some metallic in it.  I do think it is the same as what is used on the fender gills, I didn't paint have to paint mine as I had NOS ones.

Unfortunately I don't have a close up of the insert but if you zoom in on the one below you can see what it looks like, ignore the shadows.

Manuel

Thx for the great steering.   

The shop is using PPG paint if anyone has a code or name for the color in that brand.     

cudaize

The can I posted is PPG.  It's lacquer and if you can still get it mixed in lacquer this is what you want to get the proper sheen.  I bought this about 4 years ago, I know the guys who painted my car said about 2 years ago they stopped being able to get the PPG organisol in lacquer, so maybe this isn't available either in our area either.

E74cuda

You can just use Mopar Argent Silver wheel paint. Part number P4529876. That will get you one spray can.

anlauto

Quote from: E74cuda on February 20, 2021, 07:05:44 AM
You can just use Mopar Argent Silver wheel paint. Part number P4529876. That will get you one spray can.

:iagree: This is what I use, and it's likely available at Walmart or Home Depot  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

I am in Guatemala and gave your can picture to the PPG Rep.    Good news it is their brand, we will see...      Thx Cudaize

Manuel

Anlauto,   E7.  Will also search on those monday here in Guatemala  Thx

YYZ

Also check with a Ford dealer.

The argent paint is part number PM19K207AA, it comes in a spray can, and it's more likely that a Ford dealer will have it in stock.

The old part number was D7AZ19000A.

It is the same colour and sheen as the Mopar paint.

Manuel

Manuel

PPG was able to make the paint based on the label Cudaize, Thx again to all.     Wohoooo!

Cavity for the door hanles from the outside.....  they have chrome contour and I can not tell if it is that same dull aluminum paint or the darker sandy finish of the grill?

Wheel rings facing out.... understand also with dull aluminum?    Mines have black in the back, that so?

I like all as original.

RUNCHARGER

If you are talking rally wheels they were painted all semi gloss/gloss black then the silver fronts painted. Sloppy job so the silver would float in the air through the spokes and stick to the black on the back side of the rims.
Sheldon

Manuel

Good. Thx

Same dull aluminum paint inside this cavity?