Main Menu

1971 Cuda Tail Panel Black

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, July 05, 2022, 07:47:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Did 1971 Cudas get the same textured black tail panels as the 70s or was it non textured?

1970Cuda

I'm almost 100 percent positive the '70 and '71s were the same (and maybe the other years as well). The tail panels  where shot with Organisol. (I think technically it was a different paint, but as I recall the original paint isn't available any more).

I purchased mine (that needed to be applied with a spray gun) from (www.8774paint1.com). I am not connected with this business in any way.

anlauto

The amount of textured certainly varied throughout the years...I don't think it was as textured as people believe...but I haven't been around too many survivors  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

We have a resource tab on this site. Cody has a Youtube channel and has a few videos on Organosol.

https://www.youtube.com/cudacody
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Mr Cuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on July 05, 2022, 07:47:11 AM
Did 1971 Cudas get the same textured black tail panels as the 70s or was it non textured?
71 was the same as 70, and 70 was not textured. None of mine had any texture that would catch on a wash mitt.
Organisol flat black is very matte,  textured Organisol is rough, like 69 road runner hood treatment.