Main Menu

70 Cuda Trunk Seal

Started by Aar1064, October 30, 2017, 05:50:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Aar1064

Hello All,
I'm having a warping issue with my decklid on the AAR. I thought I could live with it but it turns out that it's not that easy.

When trunk lid is open no warping but as soon as it's shut, there is slight warping in the same two spots. I'm using metro soft seal rubber and lid shuts relatively easy. I can remove the striker, push down on lid to where it should be and there is no warping. Only when the striker is mounted and lid is shut do I see this. I've done everything I know to do aside from trying to find another hopefully thinner seal.

....and I thought I was finished.............

anlauto

Have you tried removing the rubber bumpers in each corner ? They could be hitting too hard ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Get the soft seal and problems should end.

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2017, 06:25:44 AM
Have you tried removing the rubber bumpers in each corner ? They could be hitting too hard ?

Yes bumpers are removed.

Thanks

Aar1064

Quote from: Topcat on October 30, 2017, 06:28:31 AM
Get the soft seal and problems should end.

Soft seal is on it now.

edison1970

I just had the same issue.  I have the soft seal brand in there now and the passenger side corner was too high.  I took some plastic clamps and it squeezed the gasket down enough to bring it pretty close to being right.  I left them on over night. Next day it was good.