Main Menu

Trunk Seal

Started by Challenger in NC, September 05, 2022, 05:01:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

I originally purchased one from Metro (TK 64-A/18) a number of years ago and recently just got around to test fitting it. However, after temporarily securing it, the seal was very stiff and seemed too thick when shutting the deck lid. Earlier in the year, I bought a different seal from SoffSeal (CH3302) and decided to inspect it tonight. The seal is much more compliant but the profile is not the "Y" shape like the original, its more wedge shaped. I'm reluctant to install it because it does not look right. What is the preferred trunk seal? Does anyone make a Y shaped seal that is easier to compress than the Metro version?

Brads70

:popcorn:  Just lurking as I'll need a  need a new trunk seal when mine goes in for paint?

1970A-66Challenger

The weatherstripping from DMT worked great for me. Trunk lid closes without any issues.

69BFan

From our research on the trunk seals, the B and E-Bodies built after May of 72 used the hollow style CH3302 which basically compresses to form the profile of the "Y" profile which was used from 1963 to 1972.  The A-Bodies. mostly the Darts used the "D" profile starting in 1973, have seen Duster and Demons in 73 to 74 with the hollow style that the Soff Seal CH3022 duplicates.   
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Floyd

1970A-66Challenger

I used the DMT "Y" profile.

Challenger in NC

Im going to try the DMT Y profile seal. Maybe the soffseal version would have worked but it doesn't look right when i lay it in the channel.