Main Menu

70 Passenger Mirror, Replacement Glass?

Started by nonfish, June 03, 2024, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nonfish

Does anyone know if replacement mirror glass is available for the 70 passenger side mirror?

tparker

I haven't seen any. I needed the mirror for my rearview mirror and couldn't find anything for  the  challenger. There are some places that make mirror  glass  for other classic cars. There was a cool  video showing how to replace them on youtube for cougars.

I suspect you could have a glass shop make one pretty easy. Not sure the last time I saw  a glass shop though.

Floyd

@nonfish - I haven't been able to locate any ready-made replacements.  I ended up getting this guy to make one:  https://auto-glass.com/

It was a long and torturous process.  I went with him because he uses the correct automotive style mirror glass, which is not 100 percent reflective like bathroom mirror glass.  I sent him the pot metal piece that holds the glass to use as a template and hoped he'd be a continuing source for 70 RH racing mirror glass once he had a pattern.  I don't know how many pieces he made but it will be worth checking to see if he made any extras.

The guy is all over the place and it can be really frustrating dealing with him.  If you're lucky, he'll already have a piece cut.  All negatives aside, he did come through with a piece of usable replacement glass.  You just have to put up with a ton of extraneous info, theories, and ever changing updates.

I'll PM you my number in case you want additional background. 

Floyd

nonfish

Actually, I was planning to put the pedestal back on it and put it up for sale as is.
Hopefully a potential buyer already has the mirror glass for it or would know where to buy on.