ebodyproducts

There has to be any easier way?
Tips and tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

ebodyproducts

This is a little easier. I stuck one side to a fin and used a chop stick to roll the tape to the adjacent fin. Strips of foam would be easier.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

anlauto

Spray paint a flat surface silver and place the grill front side down on the wet paint to transfer the paint.
OR
Paint the front side silver first, then when dry place the silver side down on a flat surface, hold in place and paint the flat black

I've never taken the time to mask them off like like, talk about patience  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ebodyproducts

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

ebodyproducts

Thanks for the advice Alan. I'll reveal when dry.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

ebodyproducts

Should I paint the grille first or paint the dull aluminum in the grill slots first?  I'm assuming the grill slots.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

ebodyproducts

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

anlauto

I think the results speak for themselves, great job  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FE5CUDA

Paint the dull aluminum first without any masking, use pin striping tape to cover the leading edge of the "grilles" then paint the satin black.

ebodyproducts

Quote from: FE5CUDA on December 11, 2022, 11:45:20 PM
Paint the dull aluminum first without any masking, use pin striping tape to cover the leading edge of the "grilles" then paint the satin black.
I was referring to the actual grill. It's going to be orange.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

anlauto

Quote from: ebodyproducts on December 11, 2022, 12:30:14 PM
Should I paint the grille first or paint the dull aluminum in the grill slots first?  I'm assuming the grill slots.

Because I deal with a body shop, painting my parts, I just told them to go ahead and paint the grills body colour, then I would detail them later. I would mask off the orange and paint the dull aluminum, making sure to follow up with flat black on the four tabs that the grills sit on.... :alan2cents:

mopar jack

I paint the color first then use a paint pen to detail the edge. These paint pens work great and can be found at most craft stores.

chargerdon

My 66 Charger grille is black with chrome tips...   

Technique i used was to put Vaseline on the chrome tips with my finger...doesn't take long...   Then spray painted the entire grille and the Vaseline protected the chrome, and then simply wiped off the Vaseline with alcohol later.   

ebodyproducts

Quote from: chargerdon on December 12, 2022, 07:09:25 AM
My 66 Charger grille is black with chrome tips...   

Technique i used was to put Vaseline on the chrome tips with my finger...doesn't take long...   Then spray painted the entire grille and the Vaseline protected the chrome, and then simply wiped off the Vaseline with alcohol later.

Be careful putting petroleum products on plastic.  It can degrade plastics overnight making them brittle and fail.  Glad your project turned out okay.
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014