Main Menu

71 Deputy quarter glass Felt snap into quarter no fit

Started by malem2us, July 18, 2023, 02:45:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

malem2us

Hey fellas, bought full glass kit, and the outer quarter window felts have 4 press in clips, and a bare inch of stainless without the felt at one end.

I only have 3 spots for the clips and none line up.  I disassembled the car 7 years ago, the pictures of the area are corrupted in my files.   did anyone experience issues with these pieces?

This is a bit frustrating, bought the door and quarter window trim set about 4 years ago.

Thanks!

Gary

cuda hunter

Can you post pictures of your issues?  That might help a little bit. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

malem2us

I literally fixed my own fubar.....   I brought out 65 mustang convertible quarter glass felts by accident....

Once I looked in the Correct box, they stood out like a sore thumb  :)) :drunk: 

It was hot and I was in a rush.....   not being patient like normal.

cuda hunter

I was wondering if that might be the case.  Glad you figured it out!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

malem2us

Worst part of it was the driver side quarter felt, two of the clips broke off immediately while trying to install it so I have to get a hold of re-pop pros and see if I can get a replacement but I bought this in 2017 so it's gonna be a bitch I just opened the package yesterday.

7E-Bodies

I've found that every single time I try to put mustang parts on my 70 Challenger, I wear out several of those cheap dead blow hammers from Harbor Freight. (Just a little humor there). Glad you got it taken care of. You should see the list of my screw-ups!  :rofl:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

malem2us

:haha:   :perfect10:  That's funny!  Yeah I still have a broken piece to deal with.