Main Menu

70 cuda bumper gaurd question.

Started by drew43a, August 11, 2020, 09:36:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

drew43a

I bought these 2 bumper gaurds from a guy and they came with 2  metal brackets each. and i bought the plastic pieces because the ones were to rough. but the bracket doesn't reach from where it mounts on the gaurd and the car frame rail.  what am i doing wrong or missing? the first photo just shows the plastic piece hanging on the stud.  the second photo shows the bracket i know its upside down but  its to short to reach both mounting spots. Help!!!

B5fourspeed

I think the bracket should be pointing down

drew43a

anlauto

With the bracket orientated correctly, and the two bolts in the frame, can you even get a nut started ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

Those are the wrong brackets.On my brackets the hole is four inches to the L part.The second hole is 5 inches.

anlauto

These are reproduction AMD brackets on a 1971 Cuda I just installed last week....I agree yours look shorter ??? :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

drew43a

Ok then thats looks like whats going on mine are not correct. need to be longer like in last post.

drew43a

the guy sent cuda square brackets and challenger frame brackets  lucky he has both styles