Main Menu

Aluminum Filler for SE rear Applique Panel

Started by kent_goins, August 05, 2018, 10:23:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

if it's dented, it can be pounded out. But if it's nicked with missing metal, I'm not so sure. Hopefully you can either get a better one ore get it worked out. Mine is in rough shape and the lock was drilled out and damaged it. Argh. I'm ok with good enough. Those pieces are EXPENSIVE.... if you can find them.

70/6chall

Kent........not sure what you put out financially on that trim piece! But, he did not come through for you at all. I don't think it's up to you to right his wrongs. It's a very hard piece to come by anyway, I'd send it back and tell him as such and do the job right this time. Once you start working on the aluminum to straighten it up, he's going to have to repaint it anyway. He messed up a very rare piece. There are some guys down the street from me that not only replate chrome pieces and anodizing but do some damned nice metal work. I took 2 '70 Challenger SE finish panels into them, I didn't think my pieces were salvageable, but the finished products changed my mind PDQ. And they were reasonable and the Astrotone paint applied correctly. Remember 2 of them. Take a look.   Thanks,   Al

kent_goins

Those look really good....I will keep trying.
KG