Main Menu

AMD Challenger rear valance fit?

Started by Brads70, January 22, 2017, 10:46:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I bought a new AMD rear valance with exhaust cut outs last year at Carlisle. Plan is to paint/install this spring. With the current temps at plus 7C its got me thinking of spring ( premature I know, winter is by no means done yet)
I'm curious as to what I can expect the fit to be like? Original quarters etc...
Figured between Alan and Cody installing dozens of them someone should now what I can expect?
Of course I'll test fit it before it gets painted......

HP_Cuda

With the amount of metal I replaced using all AMD, you should be able to get really close.

Sometimes when I'm under the car looking up you can pickup small deltas but you wouldn't notice from the outside. This is on a Cuda but I'm glad I stuck with AMD for all metal cause it turned out better than I thought.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

The overall fit is good.  But be ready to bend a few tabs, adjust a flange and maybe widen a hole or two ti get it to line up.  But like HP said, it's pretty well hidden back under there so it's going to look good as long as you can get it close.   :wrenching:

HP_Cuda

It's just metal work right Cody!!!

Lol and whammy Small Block status! Heh
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Nice job earning another Pentastar!   :clapping:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 22, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
It's just metal work right Cody!!!

Lol and whammy Small Block status! Heh

MoparDave

haven't seen or heard of any major issues on the challenger rear, Cuda rear on the other hand is something different. test fit and modify accordingly.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Weiszguy

How do you adhere the rear valance to the support brackets? Weld,screw, panel adhesive?

jimynick

Quote from: MoparDave on January 25, 2017, 02:17:31 PMhaven't seen or heard of any major issues on the challenger rear, Cuda rear on the other hand is something different. test fit and modify accordingly.
Sorry to be a contrarian Dave, but the rear valance that I believe I bought from you fit like a saddle on a sow, and I ended up slicing it and welding it back together so that I could finally beat it into submission. I found that with a bunch of the AMD stuff I got. Don't even ask about the inner and outer wheelhouses nor the response when I called AMD for guidance regarding fitting them. Not your fault.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Gatorslayer

I had to do major work to get my AMD rear valance to fit MY 71 Cuda by cutting it, removing about 1/2 inch and welding back together. In fairness, both quarters andv1 rear frame rail was replaced so it is possible that caused some of the fitment issues. I just put another AMD rear valance on my 70 Cuda and it fit decent except had to bend tabs and it took a little massaging/bending to get it to fit in between the quarter panels. The bend/curvature looks a bit off but not enough to start messing with the panel itself like on my 71.