Main Menu

Any Tricks To Installing A New Jack Trunk Tild Sticker So It's Straight

Started by Michael_B767_ATP, January 08, 2018, 11:38:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everyone,

As the title states, Any Tricks To Installing A New Jack Trunk Tild Sticker So It's Straight?.

Thanks
Mike

anlauto

You could measure it out and mark with masking tape, but that's getting a little anal.....they were never perfect from the factory. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Do an outline of where you want the sticker with masking tape and do a few dry runs with the backing still on the sticker. BTW the factory stickers were not straight and not perfectly flat, generally they had 1 or 2 ridges running through them.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

I hate those decals!  They are paper and once it sticks that's where it will be. Non of that pulling it back up a little to adjust. Here's a couple unrestored pics.

dave73

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 08, 2018, 12:31:06 PM
I hate those decals!  They are paper and once it sticks that's where it will be. Non of that pulling it back up a little to adjust. Here's a couple unrestored pics.

Heh that first guy was drunk

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dave73chally on January 08, 2018, 01:21:18 PM

Which perfectly represents what went through my brain when I read the title.... Do you want it straight or do you want it OE correct cause if your looking for OE correct have a few cocktails before applying the sticker.... :rofl: :rofl:

jimynick

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 08, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

Which perfectly represents what went through my brain when I read the title.... Do you want it straight or do you want it OE correct cause if your looking for OE correct have a few cocktails before applying the sticker.... :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, that's pretty much what passed through my mind, too. Go out to your car in the parking lot, eat your lunch, wash it down with a couple of quick beers and smoke a big gagger, go back in to work, pull the sticker out of the bin, peel it off and smack it on and you'll be factory authentic!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Quote from: jimynick on January 08, 2018, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 08, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what passed through my mind, too. Go out to your car in the parking lot, eat your lunch, wash it down with a couple of quick beers and smoke a big gagger, go back in to work, pull the sticker out of the bin, peel it off and smack it on and you'll be factory authentic!  :cheers:

This thread speaks the truth...
Here is my factory placement. At an angle AND upside down.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

72 Challenger

I wish I had a picture but my previous Challenger was also installed on a good 20-25 degree angle. We take such care and precision when restoring our cars but that seems a bit overkill compared to how they were slapped together at the factory. 
Someday I will have a J0b.

fc7cuda

Here is my factory placement. At an angle AND upside down.
[/quote]

I've never seen that,  :haha:

Skid Row

Was told many years ago when ordering a replacement sticker, It was usually installed crooked by a "Reach around" by the line worker.

HEMICUDA

erik70rt

I tend to put them in mostly straight, but don't worry about wrinkles and such. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

IRON MAN

wannabe perfect...use wax paper to position then slide wax paper out from under sticker.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

Wow, I never would of thought it was so haphazardly done. Here I am thinking I'm gong to be getting measurements that (I was sure) I was going to mess up.

Guess I'll eyeball it, wonder if my OCD will allow me to put it on like that.  :haha:

Thanks everyone.

Mike