Main Menu

Attaching RT Hood Emblems

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, September 20, 2019, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

I have a decent pair of 383 magnum hood emblems I was going to install on my RT before selling it and I noticed that the plastic bushings that press into the holes are all missing but one. Hard to get to the backside to use a nut.

Any ideas on what I could use to replace the original plastic pin bushings?

Burdar

You can probably get the correct bushings from a place like R/T Specialties or Roseville.  I wonder if a short piece of vacuum tubing would work.

70 Challenger Lover

I think that's gonna do the trick! I went ahead and ordered the assortment. Probably will come in handy for years to come.

1 Wild R/T

Nice thing about the metal ones you can pop the emblems off for waxing & pop them back on, the plastic barrel clips break, metal ones don't...

BTW put the clip in the hole then insert the emblem

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 20, 2019, 02:37:40 PM
Nice thing about the metal ones you can pop the emblems off for waxing & pop them back on, the plastic barrel clips break, metal ones don't...

BTW put the clip in the hole then insert the emblem

Glad you mentioned that. I might have been tempted to do it the other way and rip a big chunk out of the paint.

Bullitt-

:iagree: metal Barrel nuts... i got mine at a hardware store locally..think they were an independent Ace store

original & replacements
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]