Main Menu

Belt molding differences?

Started by nsmall, December 31, 2017, 02:10:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I have one screw hole in my quarter belt molding and I'm seeing others with no holes.  Is there a difference between the years?  I prefer zero holes so I may have to buy another quarter belt molding.

Also, are the quarter belt moldings supposed to have the brace on one end as shown here?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-74-Cuda-Belt-Molding-Top-of-Door-Rear-Quarter-Glass-Original-Trim-Nice/162790611002?hash=item25e713983a:g:ADAAAOSwH-daHxWN

Thank you.

71GranCoupe

Only way i have seen them is the one like you describe.  The one tab with the tab/hole screws to the door jamb, then there are 2 mounts that slide in the back of the molding and then push into holes on the quarter. If you look at the back side of the trim, there is a spot that allows the trim connectors to slide into the desired spot.  :cheers:

realn96

The only hole for the belt molding I believe was just one hole on each door. Meaning the door itself, not the molding! And yes those brackets on the ebay molding are suppose to be there . They get screwed down in the door jam area. They don't make them or reproduce them I should say.

fc7cuda

My Oct/69 cuda does not have the belt molding tab/hole but my may/70 does.  Perhaps a mid year revision or vendor change?  :alan2cents:

MoparCarGuy

Yes, it was definitely changed to add the one countersunk Phillips screw at the quarter window front edge.