Main Menu

Best way to remove hood and put back on ?

Started by Racer57, November 14, 2019, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

My hood fits perfect. But I would like to remove it temporarily.  Will drawing around mount with sharpie be sufficient to ensure putting it back without a lot of hassle or is there other tricks that help ?

Burdar

The hood bolts probably made a mark in the paint where you have it adjusted now.  It should be easy to get it back into that spot when you put it back on.  To answer your question, "What's the best way to remove hood and put back on?"  VERY CAREFULLY!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on November 14, 2019, 11:38:13 AM
Much easier with a couple of friends. :alan2cents:

:iagree:   Have help!  Also have a plan where it is going . . . make sure to put the corners on something to protect then if leaning it up against something. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Rich G.

Just put good masking tape on the hood right at the end of the hinge and you're good. Should go right back in the same place. One guy on each side and one in the front!

JS29

Quote from: Rich G. on November 14, 2019, 01:55:40 PM
Just put good masking tape on the hood right at the end of the hinge and you're good. Should go right back in the same place. One guy on each side and one in the front!
:iagree:

headejm

If you are planning to stand it up for awhile, I like to use a swimming noodle cut partly through long-ways. Slip it over the flange on the cowl side of the hood.  :ohyeah:

IRON MAN

Purchase this hood remover from Summit. Fts on a cherry picker.

1 Wild R/T

While it's off the car stand it on it's side so the corners don't get damaged...

Racer57