Main Menu

black out paint on AAR

Started by pink aar, January 23, 2018, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

Ok, I need some help here guys. I'm getting ready to paint my black on my AAR( GRILL AREA ). Look at the black on each fender in the picture. Driver fender has black on the supporting part of the fender where it meets the core support ( front), while there is no black on the bolt for the hood pin bracket???????????????? Passenger fender supporting (front) has no black , while the hood pin bolt has black?????????????   I'm just trying to learn something. I know there was NO QUALITY control at this time in 1970. Jeff states this a 15,000 mile car.

I love looking at these pictures . I learn a lot from them.

Chryco Psycho

IMO the second picture is correct But never say never , if the car has never been apart it could be the way the worker did it that day

pink aar

I was thinking . The assemble plant may have been out of left hand brackets at the time of painting. Then a bracket got painted and put on the car later???? The next day or so      MAYBE

anlauto

Unless Jeff drove the car himself for the first 15000 miles....nobody can really say it left the factory that way....heck it could have even been repaired at the factory..... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration