Main Menu

Challenger fender louvers

Started by gumby, February 26, 2018, 01:17:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

Did a search, couldn't find? Anybody have the correct dimensions where to drill holes and install? THANK YOU!

Burdar

Sorry no...

That would be a great thing to have in the archives though.  Maybe someone can make a template off of an original fender?

73chalngr

I found a car for sale that had the holes but no louvers and made a rubbing of the location.I have not tried it yet . I still need some parts before doing body and paint. Just to be sure you are talking about the 72 to 74 louvers?

gumby

YES! 72 - 74 small louvers on the fenders, they usually had a strobe stripe kit that extended down the doors.

I've got the louvers, and new plastic inserts from Tony's Parts, but don't know where they install exactly....   PLEASE help if you can? THANK YOU!

I don't want to get them crooked or mess them up, THANK YOU!

73chalngr

I would be willing to mail them to you if that is the best the site can come up with. I would need them back and don't have them too long.

gumby

Would it be better if you made another rubbing? So you don't lose your originals? If not, I can def. just trace them out, and send them right back - no problem?

I would gladly pay you the cost to take them to a copy place and reproduce them?

73chalngr

I can get copies made and keep the originals. How much of a hurry are you in ? Do you want to give it Some time a see if someone else had a better option ?

gumby

I've got some time, several months, if needed. I haven't been able to find mounting locations anywhere, though.
I sincerely appreciate it!

anlauto

That's something you should be able to eyeball no problem, lots of good pictures on the internet.....It's not like someone will be able to tell if you're 1/8" out  :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73chalngr

I have been looking for something for years. This is the best I came up with.  I will make copies this weekend if you want. We held the edge of paper on the body line and rubbed the wheel well location and the holes.. Body line and wheel well for reference points.

gumby

That would be fantastic! THANK YOU!

73chalngr

Copies are being made. Just need an address and name to figure out shipping . I think the passenger side is more accurate because the holes in the insert lined up better.

Rdchallenger

Is there any update to this? I know it's been quite a while but still have not seen any templates anywhere on the inter webs.