Main Menu

challenger logo on fender

Started by GoMangoBoys, May 24, 2020, 02:46:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We are working on the fenders right now.  It looks like the holes in the fender for the script challenger badging have been filled in with weld.  Are these badges part of an option?  I looked at various photos online and see that some cars have the script badging and some don't.  I am trying to figure out if we want to add the badging or not.  It seems like we do.
Thanks

anlauto

I would think all 70-71 Challengers would have fender emblems, I can't see a reason for them not to have them  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Does the longitudinal stripe make a difference on whether it gets an emblem?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on May 24, 2020, 04:36:41 PM
Does the longitudinal stripe make a difference on whether it gets an emblem?  :dunno:

In 1970 the stripe only affects the R/T emblem
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Katfish

anlauto

Oh yes of course the T/A would be an exception....there's no Challenger emblems on the fenders of a T/A

GoMangoBoys

So it turns out, the LH fender had the holes welded over.  Since the last guy to work on this car was a lousy welder, I was able to grind the welds down on the back and find the original holes for the emblem.  The RH fender appears to have been replaced.  It has no holes.  All the previous work to this car was done many years ago.  I am doubting that this is an aftermarket fender, but who knows.  If TA's had no fender emblems, maybe it is a fender off of a TA?  Our car is an R/T.  Either way, I will be acquiring 2 emblems and will add them to the car.