Main Menu

E-bodies logo

Started by peterro, April 10, 2018, 08:56:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

peterro

Hi all, I've been getting my CNC router working and was playing around/practicing and put this together. I think it came out OK

jimynick

Cool! Cody'll want a couple of those if not many others, so get set for a wee production run!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Topcat

Nice work.

Those look sharp.

Cuda Cody

@peterro  that is really neat!!!   :clapping:  Tell us a bit more about your CNC machine and the material you made it out of?  How big is it?

CudaMoparRay

Nice work and great idea.
Maybe later, one with the '71 Cuda like this also.  ;)

bentpshrods

I agree.  One with the 71 cuda logo would be super cool.  Nice work.     

peterro

It was made of MDF since it's easy to work with but other materials can be used. It's 7"x5" and I put a really light coat of paint on it before routing.

I bought the CNC unit (http://www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php/V90) at an auction and then rigged up an Arduino to control it. I've been mostly learning and playing around with it. I haven't done anything yet that I've put much time into.

The logo seemed like something fun. I had to convert it to a 2 tone image and then to an svg file to import into easel (easel.inventables.com) which then converts it into g-code that I can download and send via USB to the arduino to control the 3 axis. It's really not too complicated though it may sound like it. I'd sort of like to build a CNC plasma in the same way.

RUNCHARGER

Nicely done, great idea.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Nicely done.  I used to have a CNC machine.  Sold it a few years back.  If you ever need any of the E-Bodies.org logos in G-Code, EPS, AI or any other line art file format, just let me know and I would be happy to send them to you.  :twothumbsup: