Main Menu

Challenger top door trim and door alignment

Started by redgum78, October 05, 2017, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

redgum78

Hi guys, I need a little help on a couple of things,

70 Challenger and trying to align the doors before moving to the front fender fit up. Passenger side door has evidence of holes in the top for a trim piece but the holes are currently filled. This side of the car has had a bump as the quarter panel had damage and a poor quality repair (now has new quarter). So the door may or may not be the original door.

-What models had the trim on the top of the door?
-Did the trim stop at the rear of the door or did it continue up the ledge along side the rear 1/4 window?
-If the trim stops at the door does the top of the trim sit flush or sit up higher than the mating edge on the front of the quarter?

Thanks

Dan

1 Wild R/T

Beltline trim... All SE's, All R/T SEs, All Western Sport Specials, and any car equipped with the A63 moulding group....

The trim should be on the hood, fenders, doors & quarters....

The door & quarter body line & top of panel lines should align...

redgum78

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 05, 2017, 08:27:36 PM
Beltline trim... All SE's, All R/T SEs, All Western Sport Specials, and any car equipped with the A63 moulding group....

The trim should be on the hood, fenders, doors & quarters....

The door & quarter body line & top of panel lines should align...

Thanks Wild  :thankyou:. I thought the tops of the panels should align but wasn't sure how the trims worked or if it effected anything. Because the quarter panel was replaced i didn't want to assume its body line was correct.
Cheers